Reverse camera

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
springhay

Post by springhay »

Ok I think Im in the right section now. So this reversing camera - is it just me, or does anyone think its dangerous Of course I would always check visually, but when I was (purposely) bumper to bumper with my daughter's car, the view from the camera appeared to show a massive gap!! Am I reading i wrongly and where is it mounted? Still to get shorter aerial but at least Ive found out how to disable the automatic beam. I am not (as many others appear to be) able to do any of this stuff myself. So I wondered if anyone had their dealership fit parking sensors and how much I should be thinking about? I have these on my Merc clk whose rear view is shocking without the roof down. They are far more helpful than this camera!

Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

So far I've found the cameras allow me to park the QQ a lot better than visually "guessing" the distance. After all, "close" isn't "contact" Inching backwards hoping to make it isn't as relaxing as actually being able to see on camera that there is still air between the cars (or walls). I have been occasionally surprised as to how close to a granite wall I have reversed but again, no contact, which is the crucial bit. After the 360 camera views of the Tekna I'd really struggle trying to maneuver similar vehicle without then - I'd miss the sensors but cope. Take my cameras away and I'd hate it.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
springhay

Post by springhay »

How interesting! I just like the rapid bleeping when Im dangerously close...honestly this one makes it appear that I have nearly another car length to go, when in fact Im dangerously close.....Ive always used my eyes but I suppose it will help when guessing - time will tell if I get used to it. But its only the ntec one and does nothing for the sides. Whereas my bleep goes off when Im close to a wing hitting the gate post.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Remember, they are fish eye lenses and by their nature give a wide and distorted view with objects looking further away than they are, that's why they work in conjunction with the ultrasonic sensors to give a better sense of proximity.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Got to the UK yesterday and picked up the Avis Rental which is a Citreon Picasso 7 Seater just like a B_ _ _ _ _ Big Bus. It has Rear Beepers but boy do I miss the QQ Camera System it Is IMHO is far better and safer for Reversing - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken