Failed transmission !!!!!!

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
ngpl

Post by ngpl »

Failed gearbox. I had the same happen to me today. Moving off at a roundabout the gear suddenly failed to engage first or anything else. It would just move backwards and forwards. But the car must have been in one gear or another as I was able to drive it to a nearby car park, though it cut out several times. The RAC man did something and I was able to drive home (which was nearby). But he warned that the car needed to go to Nissan as soon as possible. Happily (for me) it is a hire car, and I'm never going to drive it again. But I was just getting to like the Qashqai, but now very much looking forward to having my VW back.
Gerard

Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

So did ngpl just join to tell us he had a broken down hire car? As a non-owner does that constitute trolling?
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Stevethegreatgolfer"]So did ngpl just join to tell us he had a broken down hire car? As a non-owner does that constitute trolling?[/QUOTE]
I think so, he probably saw the earlier thread on this subject, again from a poster of little other input than this and decided to add something to it to make real owners have something to think about. Better to just ignore.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
cretecyprus

Post by cretecyprus »

IT HAPPENNED AGAIN !!!!!! August 10th , 2015At 2900 km , during my Summer Vacation , with the wife , kids , dog and luggage , leaving for a return ferry to ATHENS , Greece. The transmission failed me. I was on a dangerous narrow country road and could not engage any gear. I cautiously pulled over on a narrow shoulder . Wiuth the kids crying , my wife praying , and the clock ticking away for the ferry boat to Athens (I was in KALYMNOS) , I quickly dismantled the tunnel around the gear lever , I grabbed the disconnected connecting rod and firmly pressed it around the gear levers protruding ball-joint. I said a prayer , and took off. For the love of God. what is going on ? Upon my arrival to Atens the next morning , I communicated with the Nissan Service Center , they receiverd the car and I claimed it the next morning. They calmly told me thgat all is well . I explained that this response does not satisfy me . I was given the same answer last April and my car malfunctioned , exactly the same way. No parts were replaced. He explained that , they are the Nissan Refrence center for Greece and that they adjusted properly this time.I've corresponded with Nissan UK , during the first incident in April and again after the recent incident , but to no avail . They simply answer , that I must deal with their representative in Athens. I explained , that this malfunction not only affects my safety but also the safety of others , and that they have a legal obligation to provide some answers and protect ALL their customers and their reputation.But I can't seem to get past the patent answers from their customer service operators via e-mail and telephone. I really don't know what to say or do. I never expected problems like this from a reputable company like NISSAN.I'm open for suggestions. Regards , Harry
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

"jamais deux sans trois"We hope not of course, but given the amount of traffic on here and the undoubted success of the car it seem that you are unlucky, very unlucky. On the one it's refreshing not to be a CVT we're talking about here (i've never had a problem there either).What can you do about it, not a lot I suspect - was anything actually broken? The fact that you were able to 'fix' it is rather more than I would have done I'm sure.Not a good read nor a good experience but three times - surely not!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="cretecyprus"]
I've corresponded with Nissan UK , during the first incident in April and again after the recent incident , but to no avail .A  They simply answer , that I must deal with their representative in Athens. [/QUOTE]

Don't give up, escalate it to NCS in Japan if you feel like. I heard that there is a fix recommended by Nissan, which exactly address this problem.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Tweet Nissan HO Japan; that should help get you noticed too:https://twitter.com/Nissan If you use Facebook, shout here;https://www.facebook.com/NissanGreece Lastly, find contact details of a local car magazine journalist, or one who writes for yournational papers.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
cretecyprus

Post by cretecyprus »

Thanks for the tip. Do you have a contact email for NCS Japan ? Rergards , Harry
duncho

Post by duncho »

Sure, I sent you PM.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!