Locking and flashes

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
RoadKnight

Post by RoadKnight »

I just had my QQ in for its first (free) service. I noticed the first time when I locked the car after picking it up that the lights flashed twice when I locked. On unlocking there was not flash at all. The locking and unlocking function seems to work fine in all other respects.I checked the owner's manual and it clearly states that the lights should flash once on locking and twice on unlocking. There seems to be no configuration to change this so I am unsure what is going on?I will call the service department on Monday but thought someone might have some suggestions or encounter this too?

RoadKnight

Post by RoadKnight »

Just spoke to the service manager who assured me that two flashes on locking is normal. So now I'm confused. Maybe they changed this for Australian models? Hard to imagine. The handbook definitely says one flash on locking and two on unlocking.Our Mitsubishi Outlander flashes once on locking and twice on unlock, which somehow seems logical. Anyone on the forum with an Australian QQ?
aussiebob

Post by aussiebob »

Hi RoadKnightI've just checked mine - same thing. No flash on unlock (either by the button or remote) and two flashes on lock.The way I see it, unlock does turn on the interior lights, DRL and marker lights though, so probably a little pointless to have the indicators flash too :D
Qash

Post by Qash »

I have one long flash on locking and 2 short on unlocking. Model sold in Sweden
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
duncho

Post by duncho »

They had to change the settings in BCM as there are 4 modes available for hazards. Ask them to restore defaults if they played with it and changed some settings which they didn't know what it is for.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
RoadKnight

Post by RoadKnight »

Thanks for that; very interesting. Sounds like Nissan has changed this in some countries and not updated user handbooks.I can imagine it would make the car harder to steal if it did not flash on unlock - also harder to find if you forgot where you parked it!
RoadKnight

Post by RoadKnight »

Thanks. This agrees with what the owner handbook says it should do.However this seems to have been changed for some countries, e.g. Australia.I did discover that if I enable the horn beep, then I also get one flash on unlock - still two flashes on lock. Maybe disabling audible warning puts it into stealth mode?
RoadKnight

Post by RoadKnight »

Good idea, I'll ask them if they can change it at the next service.
RoadKnight

Post by RoadKnight »

In Googling this locking and flashing business, I came across some posts from people with various Nissan models who claimed they could enable auto door locking by going through a set-up procedure that seemed to entail pressing the start button twice (without foot on brake) and then holding down the door lock button until the indicators flashed twice. This then enabled auto door locking once the car had reached a speed of 10kmh.Anyone tried this with their QQ? I could imagine it might work as Nissan seems to share componentry across a lot of diverse models.