Air Conditioning not very cold

ICE, Equipment, Options
villawoz

Post by villawoz »

Hi, was at a kids football tournament on Saturday in 25 degree heat all day and when we got back to the car I turned the Air Conditioning on by turning it to Low and put it on the face option. Left it on for a while but still blowing hot air out as I presumed it would at the start so opened windows and carried on driving home. 40 minutes later, windows back up and it was still blowing warmish air. Nowhere near as good as my wife's Polo which is so cold you can only have it on setting 1 of 3 after about 5 minutes. AC button was on and all blowers open on dash.

It's a 2014 Qashqai and has just had it's second service. Surely it shouldn't need re-gassing already? Could it be a split pipe? Tried it this morning just on school run and colder than Saturday of course but just not ice cold as you might expect on full blast.
I know Halfords do a re-gassing but if pipe at fault then should be covered under warranty shouldn't it?

NissanGB

Post by NissanGB »

Hi villawoz,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Qashqai's air conditioning system. Have you tried calling your dealer about this? You can also call our customer care team on 0330 123 1231. Do let us know how you get on. Thanks :) ^BA
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Always best to open all the windows for a minute or two to let the hot air escape as soon as you get in the car. Aircon will circulate warm air for a couple of minutes, longer if engine is not running. If stop/start kicks in the force of the blower will drop as well. If you have the panoramic roof it is best to close the shade whilst parked up in hot weather. It doesnt get icey cold as such but easily and quickly maintains a cool safe temp for driving.
villawoz

Post by villawoz »

Cheers, yes we had panoramic roof closed all day, opened windows straight away to let hot air out and had AC on full blast. Drove about 10 minutes and did windows up but too warm so had to open windows again.

Phoned local dealer, booked in for Monday
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

villawoz, well you got me thinking about the AC today, but it looks like you need Dealer support. I have just run out to our QQ to check our AC function, with the panoramic roof closed and the outside temp @ 27*C and the function was perfect and Cold ! - Dave ;) Sorry about the Dust :)

1. Turned Motor "ON" - 22*C / No adjustments
2. Auto "ON" / Manually Set to 17*C
3. Auto is "OFF" / Set to "Lo"
4. Auto is Set to "ON" / Still Set to "Lo" / Speed Setting automatically decreases.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
villawoz

Post by villawoz »

Thanks for checking. Yes, bottom photo is how we had it then tried putting the face blowers on all just warm air. Hopefully dealer should be able to sort on Monday.

Post by 298 »

I asked for mine to be looked at on its second service last week as it wasn't blowing cold and had previously made a noise like there was obviously no gas in the system.

I had to pay for a re-gas with UV dye and Aircon service, but they knocked the price down to £70 before I complained. I was told to drive around with it on full cold for a couple of weeks to see if the temperature changes, if it is a manufacturing defect then I'll be pushing for a refund, if it's "stone chip" damage then not, and something else to worry might happen again....
2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium in Gunmetal Grey.
switchback

Post by switchback »

The AC system needs to be used every now and then during the winter in order to keep the seals lubricated. If you don't use it the seals dry out and the gas escapes.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Always keep the air-con on automatic, Summer and Winter. I've done so on my Land Cruiser for 18 years and 200,000 miles and it has not needed topping up or any maintenance yet.

Unfortunately current air-con systems use less efficient gas than used years ago in order to 'save the environment' and close the ozone hole. I believe that Nissan now use propane gas as a refrigerant, but I could be mistaken on this. Someone will know for certain, no doubt.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

2,3,3,3,Tetrafluoropropene is the name of the refrigerant now in use.