Left hand stork with lights functions on it

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Hi guys this maybe a silly question but does anyone find its easy to 'knock/move' (for better description ) the lights from auto to on.

Sometimes when I use this stork it seems the move 'too easily'.

Hopefully I am not going mad!
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Happens to me frequently...
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Nope! Not in two years of driving it.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

gloucester wrote:Happens to me frequently...

At least I am not alone ! Just done it a couple of times and didn't notice I knocked the lights on. Thanks the reply
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well, well, well, I thought it was an age problem. I tend to drive with "Auto" ON most of the time and do find after Flashing (the lights that is) for what ever reason or moving the stick, my tendency is now to check the position of the switch afterwards with a quick glance for the correct setting - Dave ;)

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

In 2 years of driving it has only happened to me at least 2 times a week. Only have to gently brush against it and over it goes. At least now I know I have done it and reset to Auto.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

yes, it is a serious fault as i need to move my head and hands to see the knob, it moves when the indicators, are are switched and it acurres frequently. the interior of the qashqai j11 is very poor, mine june 2015 has a switch for stop start etc. that i cannot see or reach with my seat belt on, are the desighners brainless? why put switches out of reach? why put the switch for lights out of vision and on the frequently used winker stalk? perhaps its because the spanish never signal? and up yours for the british? or are the desighners just plain stupid? i use insulating tape to lock the lights on auto should be a recall?
brian
Pjonah

Post by Pjonah »

It's hardly a major problem, a minor irritance is more reasonable. Whilst in one year of ownership I have knocked it to on, it does tell you the lights are on and the sat nav goes dark, and handily it was night :D
QQ1.5dCi Tekna Thermonuclear Panoramic intercontinental Ballistic Missile Chrome Mirrors
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

mine doesnt go dark automatically and as the switch is automatic it shouldnot the dealer instructed me to leave it on auto . is this the reason so many people have flat batterys?
brian
bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

Always happening to me, lost count of the number of times I've thought 'why have I got my headlights on?'

It's happening when I put the indicators on to turn right.