Left hand stork with lights functions on it

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
BlueTrance

Post by BlueTrance »

Hi guys (this is my first post!)

The first time I drove my new Qashqai I turned the lights on almost one out of every three times I used the indicator.

However, after driving for about 1200 miles during last week I found myself using the middle section of the stalk instead of the edge.
I was planning to stick some tape to fix the knob if it ever happened again, but the rubber ring you are proposing is really clever. Thank you!

switchback

Post by switchback »

PeterPerfect13 wrote: I fitted a rubber O ring over the first (left-hand) groove and hey presto, problem solved. Very simple but very effective – it’s not happened since. If anyone is interested, I’ve used a 33mm O ring (internal dimension).
Top Tip.............................I've just stretched a very thin 18mm O ring over the groove. See how I get on now 8-) .
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I have had no trouble with storks in the QQ, or indeed any other form of avian wildlife, but in the event that I quickly need to identify the malfunctioning part and replace it with, say, a flamingo, I made myself this useful reminder:

stork.jpg

It's not the first time I have heard of zoological difficulties with this car. I believe DaveBerlin had an unpleasant experience with a couple of poisonous snakes after his German dealer informed him during a service that his QQ would require a new pair of vipers.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Many thanks Hound, best laugh I have had for a while.
1.5 Dci Acenta Premium, Magnetic Red, Towbar and 7 Pin Electrics, Spare Wheel, ALA Gap Insurance, Poor out of date expensive £109 Maps from Nissan
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Interesting on the o ring. Interesting it was not just me or the older I am getting the madder I am getting. Thanks for the o ring tip. I'll get one. Cheers
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Hound

Post by Hound »

The O-ring trick is also handy for making a rudimentary "cruise control" on a motorbike's throttle grip, when bar ends are fitted.

ring.jpg

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I'm reporting this post for being too funny. Put a right big smirk on my face :)
Hound wrote:I have had no trouble with storks in the QQ, or indeed any other form of avian wildlife, but in the event that I quickly need to identify the malfunctioning part and replace it with, say, a flamingo, I made myself this useful reminder:
stork.jpg
It's not the first time I have heard of zoological difficulties with this car. I believe DaveBerlin had an unpleasant experience with a couple of poisonous snakes after his German dealer informed him during a service that his QQ would require a new pair of vipers.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Peter, please do not take this as a critism as it is not as I think the idea of the "O" Ring was spot on. ;)
As my "O" Ring stocks are depleted I went to our Dealer and asked for a 33mm I/Dia "O" Ring but none were available so I got a 30 mm I/Dia one. Now when I installed it over the Stalk (30mm O/Dia) it was too loose so I cut it, used some Super Glue to achieve around a 28mm I/Dia (Section used 3mm O/Dia) and it worked, so I will give it a try. This is just a "Heads Up" in case others have the problem or perhaps you have a different Stalk Dia ! I hope this is of some help, again not a critism just factual - Dave :)

Hound, I got a pair of vipers from our Dealer yesterday :D -Dave

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I've just gone out with my "382pc Metric O-Ring Set" and tried various sizes. I think the one I'm going to try is a 26.5x3 one. That's 26.5mm internal diameter. I agree the size originally suggested seems too high - unless it's actually 33mm external not internal diameter - since the one I've fitted is 26.5+3+3=32.5mm externally.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Hound

Post by Hound »

I wonder if different batches of light stalks have different friction? Some of us, me included, have never had this problem. Don't know if it's down to "indicator technique" or which parts bin your stalk came from.

Dave, did you go for 640/450mm vipers this time? :)
Last edited by Hound on Sun May 29, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.