Time to change coming

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

My Qashqai was funded on a 2 year contract and I have started exploring the options. It is unlikely I will get another Qashqai even though it has been largely reliable since the original CVT problems were sorted out, but sadly it has disappointed overall, with rattles, poor MPG and a fairly uncomfortable seat for 20,000+ miles per year. In its favour I would say that it looks good and is well equipped (which causes a problem in finding a replacement that wont cost the earth).

My long shortlist includes Mercedes GLC, BMW X1, Kia Sportage, VW Tiguan, Mazda CX5 and, recently revealed, the Seat Ateca. I have already discounted the LandRover Discovery Sport as just ridiculously too expensive for a basic spec model and the Volvo XC60. Sorry to disappoint the Qashqai Club as I understand why so many still love theirs', but it just isn't doing it for me any more.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.

keithg2308

Post by keithg2308 »

There is one car which should be on your radar which is well worth a look it is the VW Golf Mk 7 Alltrak, not very well know however it is a in a similar price range as the cars you mentioned and is also 4 wheel drive and has a high spec, also it is only available as a diesel which will suit your mileage.
Be interested to see what you think.
keith
Stevethegreatgolfer

Golf is a bit small for my preference. The cars I'm looking at have boots upwards of 500 litres.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

sorry your off. I am getting my qq next week.
If I had the money I would spec up the new F Pace as it looks very, very good. but looking on the configurator to get something that I would want regarding the equipment level you would need 45K !

Let us know what you buy in the end.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Stevethegreatgolfer

Completely off the radar, I have ended up ordering a BMW 3GT 330d M Sport. I wasn't looking for it but a great deal came along and................

As it happens it is bigger than the Qashqai in every direction with a massive engine. It just doesn't have all the toys.

By the way, does anyone know the unladen weight of a Tekna CVT. I see different information wherever I look. The online brochure says it is 2005kg and yet the BMW is only 1805kg despite being bigger, with a significantly bigger engine and 4 wheel drive. I can't help but think something is mis-quoted.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Good luck with the bmw. When do you get it ? Hopefully all goes well
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
omegadeep

Post by omegadeep »

Good grief ! That BMW is £100 a month more than I'm paying for my 1.6 dci N Tec + Which is costing me £219 pcm. on a 10,000 mile pa 2 year lease.
A car is just a set of four wheels and four seats to enable one to travel from a to b. all other perceptions are individual illusions of the thought process.
omegadeep

Post by omegadeep »

My next vehicle will be a Renault Kadjar 1.6 oil signature.
A car is just a set of four wheels and four seats to enable one to travel from a to b. all other perceptions are individual illusions of the thought process.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

omegadeep wrote:My next vehicle will be a Renault Kadjar 1.6 oil signature.

My wife has a 1.2 signature nav and she is very pleased so far other than its had an airbag recall.
All the best
Paul
Stevethegreatgolfer

omegadeep wrote:Good grief ! That BMW is £100 a month more than I'm paying for my 1.6 dci N Tec + Which is costing me £219 pcm. on a 10,000 mile pa 2 year lease.
It's £120 more than I am paying for my current Tekna on a 2 year 20,000 mile lease, however when I got a quote for a replacement Tekna the price had gone up by £60 a month so it is only £60 more than I would be paying.

Friend of mine who used to be in the car leasing business said that if you are going to lease a car never go to lease a particular car that you want, always look for where the deals are. That is why I have ended up with the BMW. The 3GT has just been replaced with a mid-life upgrade (basically LED headlights) so the "old" model was being discounted out. It has since jumped up by a further £80 a month so I wouldn't be able to afford one now but I get to drive a seriously quick, quality car for the next 2 years (and if it is that great I can always extend the lease) for little more than I was quoted for for an okay car (and let's be honest, the Qashqai is okay, not great).

The new Tiguan and Seat Ateca that was looking at would have been even more than I am paying for the BMW.

New car arrives on 1st August.