Qashqai reliability

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Thrillofit

Post by Thrillofit »

Hmm, this is kinda hard choice. I really starting to like QQ but my stomach saying something else. But the problem is there isnt many SUV for my budget which id around ~20.000£. I have only seen the QQ, Cr-v, Taguan and Cx-3. So yeah. I have most of the time focused on the QQ since it won almost on everything (Review) but yes... Thats why I want to know if the QQ is reliable :)

craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

When I bought mine a month or so ago, I looked at all the options available, in any top 10 for this year the QQ came 1st or 2nd (only to the Renault, which has the same engine).

The Hyundai tuscan was my 2nd choice, but it has only just been released and was way over my 20k budget, with any of the German cars I just found the design boring as well as standard options lacking.

You have to remember that no-one shouts about all the good stuff or how reliable it is, people only like to complain when theres an issue, no matter how small. Its been the best selling crossover since 2007, if that doesn't say something, then nothing does.

It's reliable, however, if you drive it like you stole it then probably less so, but thats the same for any car.
J11 - QQ 1.6 130 Dci Automagic Tekna, Pearl white, Sept 2014 :D FULL LED upgrade to all interior/exterior lights, china crossover pack, mud-flaps, sill guards and hood deflector
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
jackdaww

Post by jackdaww »

i have just dug this out of the which? reliability review on the qashqai.

"""For such a new model, the Qashqai has a surprisingly high incidence of faults, reflected in a poor two-star reliability rating in the latest Which? Car Survey.
Owners report that the main trouble areas are electrical problems. with the parking sensors, entertainment and stop-start systems the main culprits. """

the review gives the QQ a blanket score of 2 stars out of five , which is deeply discouraging, but is seriously flawed by its lack of detail .

so in fact the which survey does not find major issues with major items such as engine/drivetrain/brakes/steering etc.

personally i take some comfort from the above , i dont have parking sensors, and dont use the start stop system.

and as recently reviewed , have had no trouble so far at 5000miles.
Qashqai acenta 1.2 petrol xtronic jan2016 - flame red - no bells and whistles.

previous , now departed , Primera 2l petrol cvt 2001 147000 faultless miles.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

6000 miles in my QQ trouble free. Unlike our brand new smart car that had a engine fault after 200 miles & is now in the garage.
400andrising

Post by 400andrising »

gvmdaddy wrote:First off all it depends on what you are calling 'issues' and its a bit too soon to report on reliability etc for a 2016 model.
To be honest the QQ wouldnt be such a poular best selling car if it had major biuld or reliability problems. The problems that do get discussed, although a problem for those concerned, are few and far between.
The QQ is a popular car because the new one is styled better than most alternatives and it's cheaper than most of them too. As it's typically bought as a family car budget is also likely to play a consideration. 3 year warranty people will say sure, chance it - I mean, you'd think Nissan would be a good dealer to take a gamble on? ;)
muscc088

Post by muscc088 »

It was a pleasure going through the various posts here which give a great insight on how Nissan customers are actually being treated.

Before going through this I had the impression that up there in the UK you were blessed by a much better professional after sale service than the miserable one we are getting here in Malta. The car certainly did not live up to the expectations in terms of quality, but the after sales service reserved was awful to say the least.

In a nutshell, in August the steering rack was replaced as this was producing a clicking sound when turning. The car was delivered back to me in a miserable state since the job was not done professionally. Car was immediately returned to the local dealer and the apparent problems pointed out, among which was the fact that the car was not driving straight on the road. 4 months down the line the problem still persists, with the fault showing erratically for no apparent reason, since the car would at times pull extremely to the left while at others drive dead straight. The dealer has in the meantime changed the steering rack once again (thought that the first one might have been defective), shock top mounts, measured the chassis, disassembled and reassembled tightly the sub frame and suspensions, changed tires and rims, performed an infinite number of alignments at various shops locally.... but the car is still pulling to the left when it pleases. In addition when the car is in the mood of pulling, it is also behaving very nervously on the road.

To add insult to injury, the dealer has now handed back the car and informed me that they have done all they could and for them the car is acceptable as it is (even though they do not believe this as the previous day they where all worried about the re-occurrence of this fault) and thus cannot be of any more help. At this point I am just being left stranded with a car that is sometimes behaving very dangerously on the road.

Anyone heard of any similar problem? Any ideas of what could be causing this intermittent fault? Given that the local agent is omitting from his responsibilities of resolving this issue, is there any 'higher' Nissan Customer Care office which my case could be referred to?

Wishing you all the best for the New Year
2014 QQ 1.5 dci Tekna in Storm White + crossover pack + front lip chrome finisher
duncho

Post by duncho »

Very good video about Lemons!
https://youtu.be/JVxxPMh1oUk watch at 16:24
"Someone fell asleep at Nissan 10 yrs ago... CVT is shitbox which slips, vibrates & jerks..."
That's what it really does. I couldn't agree more with this statement!
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Leicesterman

Post by Leicesterman »

Two months in with mine, 500 miles and no issues. Negotiate hard and with a face lift on the horizon I reckon you can get a very good deal.
1 March 2017 brand new Tekna, 1.2 xtronic, 17" rims with space saver spare wheel. To avoid the £299 protection pack offered by dealer I spent £120 on after market mats, door sills and boot protector. Autoglym high def waxed by myself.
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Covered my first 2000 miles in my first 30 days and mine hasn't missed a beat and it has averaged 56.2mpg
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)