X-tronic

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
TheSavage

Post by TheSavage »

Have to agree with Doug's comments and would certainly test drive different engines before deciding. My view is the bigger the engine,the better and certainly in a car the size of a QQ. Appreciate modern engineering means smaller engines are more powerful but 1.6 all the way for me, which is really the equivalent of a 2.0 in an older car.

Chris James

Post by Chris James »

Have had an X-tronic since June 2016, had a previous two prior to that! Car went in for a day earlier this week and was lent a manual Micra - I would never go back to Manual, even though when I was in my 20's I said I'd never have an Automatic! I hate diesel cars so chose a petrol 1.2. The small engines are so efficient these days I thought it was a 1.6 at least. The difference is MPG - if you thrash it down the motorway at 70+ you will get around 33mpg but if you just pootle round town it will deliver 45, the opposite to what cars used to be! There is an option to use a semi-manual gear box by shifting the stick but I have never used it except to experiment - it may be useful if you were navigating deep snow for example. Mine is top of the range and has some great gizmos including a panoramic roof (essential for my wife who finds it removes any feeling of clasutrophobia, especially in the rear seat), auto lights, auto wipers, auto dipping interior mirror, and auto high/low beam at night (meaning when it detects a car ahead it dips and returns to full beam when it is passed), speed limit recognition (displayed on dashboard) which it gets by 'reading signs' , and tyre pressures displayed. Overall, very pleased.
silverdave

Post by silverdave »

Hi , I have had my 1.2 tekna 14 months , I am so glad I choose the auto so smooth and easy love it . Ok it not a fast car but for every day use it fine, it all depends on the individual , but auto good no very good.
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol Auto panaramic roof , Gun grey. Nissan spare wheel.
Front & rear skid plates
raynorfolk

Post by raynorfolk »

I have a 2015 Tekna Xtronic and am very happy with it's performance. No problems, good MPG, and smooth ride. Recommended!!
Ray
2015 Tekna Xtronic 1.2 , Gunmetal , 17in wheels
Jerry1

Post by Jerry1 »

I wish I'd gone for an Xtronic and not the manual.

Compared to my previous car I find it very hard to achieve smooth low speed gear changes.
I don't think it's me as I never had an issue in 12 years with my previous car.
It may have been helped by the previous car's bigger and heavier engine (1.9 v 1.6).
2015 Tekna 1.6dCi in Pearl Black (plus Brink/Thule detachable towbar)
Smokey01

Post by Smokey01 »

Well I had a test drive in the Xtronic at the weekend and I loved it, so I will order one tomorrow. I am going to wait for a 17 plate as by the time it comes into stock it will be getting on for the new reg. anyway.

Thanks everyone for helping me to come to my decision.
QQ Tekna 1.2 DIG-T petrol Magnetic Red Panoramic Roof . QQ day 19th May 2016
stephen160

Post by stephen160 »

Sorry about the delay in getting back , been in Las vegas for the last 5 days.
I have had many problems with the car but only two cvt problems both sorted with software updates.
The other problems I have had
1 water ingress into the boot
2 Faulty heated seat
3 Both boot hydraulic arms failed
4 Car did an emergency stop all by itself
5 Problems with the start stop sysem
6 problems with blind spot system
7 new battery needed
8 a few rattles
9 poor radio when using DAB
cant think of any more

Any way picking up a new Nissan Qashqai on Saturday
First ever Nissan and have ordered a Qashqui Tekna iCVT in Blue. www.bookmyvilla.com owner