Stop/Start System - Override module

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
bobzyer-runkle

Post by bobzyer-runkle »

I have just installed the module to override the Stop/Start system, supplied by Forum member "Duncho".

It works perfectly, and I recommend it to anyone who hates the Stop/Start as I do.

Details of the module, and installation info, can be found elsewhere on the Forum.

Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

Isnt there a switch on the lower dash ?
On my 2016 model , this facility is switchable
Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey
benchmark

Post by benchmark »

Coupe racing wrote:Isnt there a switch on the lower dash ?
On my 2016 model , this facility is switchable
I haven't read what Duncho's module does but if it remembers it's turned off that would be a bonus as the switch you described doesn't turn it off permanently, everytime you start the car again the system is operating again which I for one don't like.
bobzyer-runkle

Post by bobzyer-runkle »

Benchmark - thats correct, the switch on the dash turns it off just for that journey, when you start the car again Stop/Start is "on" again.

Duncho's module remembers that it is turned off - see original thread http://bit.ly/2gEQLm4
bobzyer-runkle

Post by bobzyer-runkle »

That's correct Benchmark - the dash switch turns it off just for that journey. Start the car again and Stop/Start is "on" again.

Duncho's mod remembers that it is turned off - see original thread http://bit.ly/2gEQLm4
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

Fair point
Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey
bobzyer-runkle

Post by bobzyer-runkle »

Thats correct Benchmark, the dashboard switch turns on the Stop/Start for the one journey. Next time you turn the ignition on and start, the Stop/Start is "on" again.

Duncho's module overrides that. See details in the thread "Project: Reversing / Disabling Stop/Start feature"
LucLisette

Post by LucLisette »

It is more simple then that. Just open de hood. On yhe front side you see a switch sensor sticking open and controlled by the hood. Losen the screw and turn the switch 90°. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE SWITCH. Close the hood and the problem is solved. I did it 35k ago. Works perfect. If you need it back, turn the switch upright again.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Doesn't this affect the alarm system, assuming you have one fitted on your model?
Maybe not if you are outside of UK and don't have fitted; your signature doesn't say.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
LucLisette

Post by LucLisette »

I am from belgium. No it does not affect anything. No warning, no records software.....
You can do this because without any problem. I have a QQ 1,6 diesel tekna with everything on it.
JUST DON'T DISCONNECT the sensor, only turn it 90°