Break in

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
El Brillante

Post by El Brillante »

Twice now!

Each time there is some tiny damage around the lock so they're using something to prise off the cover where the key goes (this time that cover was on the floor) and then somehow gaining entry into the car. This time (Friday night) they took everything from inside the boot which was a bag containing my son's toys and a tablet and also his scooter. Stuff can be replaced so although damn annoying I'm happier that they seemed to know what they were doing and virtually caused no damage.

My biggest concern is how, on such a modern, tech-laden car, someone can gain entry so easily. It was locked using the handle button (if it wasn't there wouldn't be any need for them to cause the damage/prise off the cover) and when we got back to the car it was unlocked - so no chance of any scanners or jammers being used, I can only assume this is good old fashioned insider knowledge

PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

El Brillante wrote:Twice now!

Each time there is some tiny damage around the lock so they're using something to prise off the cover where the key goes (this time that cover was on the floor) and then somehow gaining entry into the car. This time (Friday night) they took everything from inside the boot which was a bag containing my son's toys and a tablet and also his scooter. Stuff can be replaced so although damn annoying I'm happier that they seemed to know what they were doing and virtually caused no damage.

My biggest concern is how, on such a modern, tech-laden car, someone can gain entry so easily. It was locked using the handle button (if it wasn't there wouldn't be any need for them to cause the damage/prise off the cover) and when we got back to the car it was unlocked - so no chance of any scanners or jammers being used, I can only assume this is good old fashioned insider knowledge

Sorry to hear about the break in :evil:

They obviously know what they are doing and where the weak point is, have you raised the issue with Nissan. It seems to me that if the car is so easily broken into by someone with a little inside knowledge then the lock design need to be rectified. As you say it doesn't look like a scanner or jammer was used if it were then why was the cover removed.

Warranty of no warranty raise the issue with Nissan and send them the photos.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
El Brillante

Post by El Brillante »

I've let my local dealer know, they're normally useless but worth a shot in case they've heard of it - If I get nowhere I'll be on to Nissan directly

It reminds me of my VW days in Golfs & Sciroccos where it was dead easy to break in with a properly placed screwdriver. The sale of armour plates that went around the lock did well, they did a great job of covering up the damage and stopping it from happening again.

Given an option of a smashed window and a tiny scratch by the door handle though I know what I'd rather deal with
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Tweet a copy of that pic on a tweet to @NissanUK; should generate a response.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
El Brillante

Post by El Brillante »

I've just emailed CS and got a tracking number, let's see if they jump into action before I hit social media
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

If it were my product I would want to know, I also remember the VW lock issues my Golf was "scewdrivered" twice.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

I cant find any mention of how its done but I did find this method which is pretty scary (boosts the signal from your keyfob to make the car think the key is close enough to open the door and start the ignition so they can drive away ) ...

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2016/0 ... ork-chops/
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Lanstrom, you most probably never read my Post where I tried to warn about this system of stealing and the simple conclusion that I used in the end. If you are interested then please read this post - Dave ;)

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4001#p37484
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

DaveBerlin wrote:Lanstrom, you most probably never read my Post where I tried to warn about this system of stealing and the simple conclusion that I used in the end. If you are interested then please read this post - Dave ;)

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4001#p37484
Actually I was that intrigued by it all I did keep reading and I saw your posting about the wallet idea and wondered if a simple tin-box would work when I am at home (I dont want to have to take my keyfob off each time) ?

Ps. Still cant find any info on the OPs problem.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Lanstrom, if you look at the Post you will see a comment under Pos.2. where it states that all Metal Boxes do not work. We did try this but found it did not work, then you have to find the right size that fits in your pocket not in a shopping bag :D , in the end the wife knocked up the Aluminium Foil method that worked but was inconvenient - unwrapping. In the end we took our key off the keyfob and are using the wallet and you do get into a routine of removing the key and positioning it in the correct pouch as a habit. If you forget you just wonder why the QQ does not start and then it clicks - better to be safe than sorry ! Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken