Jatco Nissan CVT Gearbox

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

During the recent weeks there has been several posts again regarding the Nissan QQ CVT Gearboxes mainly mentioned J10. These Gearboxes were produced by Jatco Japan which is 75% owned by Nissan, 15% by Mitsubishi (now mostly Nissan) and 10% Suzuki. There planned production by Jatco in 2020 is between 8,5 > 9 Mio Auto & CVT Gearboxes, a hell of a lot. Hopefully these comments and explanations of known problems are of interest to some - Dave ;)

How does a CVT Work (Nissan Related) :
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014 ... -work.html.

Jatco CVT Software takes on Smoothness Problem (2016) :
http://wardsauto.com/industry/jatco-cvt ... ss-problem

Nissan presses Jatco to end CVT Glitches (2013) :

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I thought this Nissan attachment might be of interest explaining the CVT Gearbox and its functions as well as the new D-Step Logic upgrades for the US Models - Dave ;)

http://www.nissanusa.com/blog/xtronic-c ... ansmission
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Speedo

Post by Speedo »

Well, after 2 1/2 years and 57,000 miles it's time to say goodbye to my Tekna Xtronic 1600 diesel. The car has been the most unreliable car I have ever owned. 2 new gearboxes at 3,500 and 8,000 miles, a corroded abs connector, front suspension issues :evil: and numerous squeaks and rattles have seen the car in the garage for 4 of the last 28 months. I won't be buying Nissan again. Back to BMW .... New X1 on order.
Speedo
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I'm sure I read this exact same post on Sunday...
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
wega77
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by wega77 »

Hello,

i have Nissan qashqai 1.6dci CVT Xtronic and i have this problem:

Since last week, whenever I start the car at low speed, like from traffic lights or my parking lot, when the engine is around 1,500rpm, less than 15km/h, I felt a few jerking movement (not too harsh), like the gear clutches did not engage smoothly. Similar thing happens after I lift my accelerator, when the car is travelling at low speed and "gliding" to stop. Besides, during the above moments, some grinding noises come from the underside of the car. Apart from that, the car still performs normally without really odd things like heavy jerking, low banging, etc. And if I start the car a little bit faster, or stepping the brake to slow it down instead of "gliding" to stop, those jerking and grinding noises do not come out quite often.
Wgen the engine is cold the problem not exist.

Please help me

Thank you!
Doru
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Other than saying a little prayer for you, I'm not sure what you expect. By the way, I'm pretty sure that The Big Man in the sky has more important things to worry about.

Seriously though, if it isn't broken, don't fix it. There nothing anyone can do to these transmissions. They either work or they fail. Unfortunately too many of them fail because, in all seriousness, they are absolute rubbish. I had a lucky escape in being warned not to buy one. Sorry that you are not so fortunate.
duncho

Post by duncho »

wega77 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:52 pm Hello,

i have Nissan qashqai 1.6dci CVT Xtronic and i have this problem:

Since last week, whenever I start the car at low speed, like from traffic lights or my parking lot, when the engine is around 1,500rpm, less than 15km/h, I felt a few jerking movement (not too harsh), like the gear clutches did not engage smoothly. Similar thing happens after I lift my accelerator, when the car is travelling at low speed and "gliding" to stop. Besides, during the above moments, some grinding noises come from the underside of the car. Apart from that, the car still performs normally without really odd things like heavy jerking, low banging, etc. And if I start the car a little bit faster, or stepping the brake to slow it down instead of "gliding" to stop, those jerking and grinding noises do not come out quite often.
Wgen the engine is cold the problem not exist.

Please help me

Thank you!
Doru

Visit your dealer and ask to check CVT according to bulletin TB AT 18/01 - CVT HESITATION JUDDER JERKS DURING DRIVING

CONCERN
Customers may complain that the CVT jerks during smooth acceleration, steady speed or braking.
DESCRIPTION
Vehicles which have a judder/jerk can be directly related with pressure vibration of the chain and pulley system within the
CVT. This is due to incorrect control logic and incorrect solenoid design. This failure can also be caused by contamination of
the control valve.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
matty88
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by matty88 »

Hello,

I am having the same problems with my 1.6 Quashqai CVT gearbox. It jerks/hesitates and just doesn't feel settled below 50mph, both when accelerating/steady speed and breaking. It comes and goes, sometimes its fine - other times its pretty horrid to drive, almost feels like its got a mind of its own.

I contacted Nissan customer care quoting the service bulletin referenced above, however their response was: this problem is not on our system, we refer you to the dealership :x . Not good. I know by looking at these forums it is quite a widespread issue.

The car is currently within a third party warranty period now so I am going to push for a gearbox replacement as this seems to be the only potential 'fix', unless they can carry out a software update to 'magic' the problem away?!
duncho

Post by duncho »

Do it before it is too late
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Third party warranty - unfortunately, they are unlikely to fix anything unless it's actually broken down. Saying something is noisy or is acting strangely means nothing to them, it has to be broken.

In fact, once you've told them it's noisy, you are then in the realms of them saying once it does actually break down that you were driving around in a car with a condition that you made worse by driving it so they won't cover it....

Anything they can do to wiggle out of coughing up, they will.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T