Project: Reversing / Disabling Stop/Start feature

ICE, Equipment, Options
LucaModric

Post by LucaModric »

Verbally... in front of 2 eye-witnesses ;-) Their mechanic even suggested to disable s/s because he has done it 1 year ago in his personal QQ J11 and did not have any problems.

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Just because someone calls themselves a mechanic, it don't imply they know what they are doing!
LucaModric wrote:Verbally... in front of 2 eye-witnesses ;-) Their mechanic even suggested to disable s/s because he has done it 1 year ago in his personal QQ J11 and did not have any problems.
LucaModric

Post by LucaModric »

Daewar wrote:Just because someone calls themselves a mechanic, it don't imply they know what they are doing!
LucaModric wrote:Verbally... in front of 2 eye-witnesses ;-) Their mechanic even suggested to disable s/s because he has done it 1 year ago in his personal QQ J11 and did not have any problems.
...or a guy who is a proffesional mechanic and works for the official Nissan dealer might know better than a forum member. Everything is relative, I know, but I would put my money on a proffesional. :-)
Deleted User 3871

So, you're saying a professional suggest you disable the start stop system, take the car out of its design specification & increase your carbon footprint is a good idea, makes me wonder where he got his certificates? ebay me thinks.

BTW, i have an ONC, HNC & Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering, take that and shove it in your pipe & smoke it. Dont read a book by its cover.

Daewar
LucaModric wrote:
Daewar wrote:Just because someone calls themselves a mechanic, it don't imply they know what they are doing!
...or a guy who is a proffesional mechanic and works for the official Nissan dealer might know better than a forum member. Everything is relative, I know, but I would put my money on a proffesional. :-)
duncho

Post by duncho »

So far 95 modules were sold all except one with very positive feedback. The unlucky driver thought that SS module ruined his car so he visited a dealer and they found out that he took out and forgot to put back some fuses from the fuse panel. They put missing fuses back in and all worked fine again as it should. The modules were sold globally, except USA and Africa, all are working flawlessly in various climates from hot Australia, humid Singapore to cold Iceland or Sweden :-)

If anyone is interested, please let me know, there are still few left on the stock ;)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
chosan

Post by chosan »

Duncho, haven't had time to install it before, but I did during the weekend. It works perfect,
so you can add one more kit installed in Sweden.
duncho

Post by duncho »

Thank you Chosan for your positive feedback ;)

muzim

Post by muzim »

Hei Duncho

Any chnche of getting on the waiting list for your device?
I am in Italy and plenty of people out here might be interested, since they complain all the time about SS.
Thanks
Deleted User 3871

I really don't understand why people want to disable Start / Stop. The car is designed to do it, its saves on carbon emissions and it saves on fuel also. The system must have been tested, engine, battery, starter motor, alternator and software all designed to do this function.

Leave it as it is designed, do your bit to reduce emissions.
duncho

Post by duncho »

Daewar,
It is not difficult to answer your question. Even if the car was designed for S/S, all related components are much more stressed and prone to prematurely worn compare to continuously running engine. Few to mention:
- battery (each battery has limited number of starting cycles)
- starter (the same as above)
- starter relay (contacts are prone to malfunction on high number of engine restarts)
- engine (each restart cause delayed lubrication of engine bearings as oil pump is mechanically connected with crankshaft instead of continuously preassured oil by independently powered oil pump)
- EGR valve (prone to get clogged by exhaust particles - each engine restart produce more smoke than continuously running engine - especially diesels)

...and annoyance with S/S unpredictability as it is very dependent on other conditions of the car. That causes that S/S kicks in when least expected and needed.