Air con click help please

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Addouk

Post by Addouk »

Hiya All,
Completely clueless when it comes to cars..so apologies in advance.
I have a 2010 Qashqai 69,000 miles on it. Bought it last May with no issues.
I've had the air con running on it pretty much since May.
Today when I started the car there was a noticeable click when I switched on the air con. I tried this a few times while driving to see if it was a car warming up thing but it still was doing it.
The air gets hot or cold pretty quick so works it that respect, but the engine gets loud with it on, like the revs go up.
When I tried it again when I got home after a bit of a drive I could hear what I can only describe as a bit of a whirring and light scraping sound (it may have just been a fan whirring?).
This doesn't happen when I have just the heating on with the air con button turned off.
Complete car novice here.
Have pretty much grounded the car for the weekend in case I make anything worse.
Going to ring Nissan on Monday but didn't want to end up getting my eyes taken out cos of me being such a car novice, and also didn't want to make anything worse.
Am hoping it's something that can be sorted easily and not too costly.
Any advice or info would be great! Thank you

Black-is-Back

Post by Black-is-Back »

I was having problems with my radio cutting out when I was using the Air Con. Couldn't figure it out and was really worried it was going to be an expensive problem to get to the bottom of.
But it turned out just to be a loose fuse in the fuse box. It was a matter of pulling out, and putting back in the fuses. Worth a try?
Addouk

Post by Addouk »

Hiya, yeah I will get someone to check that out for me.
I have absolutely no clue with cars at all. It sounds like a loud click coming from the engine when I turn the air con on, then the engine changes its sound, it goes louder and feels like it starts working harder