Steering wheel -> creaking sound

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Mike Read

Post by Mike Read »

Still waiting on dealer and Nissans latest response. I was reading Carbuyers customer satisfaction survey 2016 on Friday, cannot believe how badly the QQ has performed. Nissan are a disgace. I also cannot believe What Car still voted it best SUV in 2016. I bought thisQQ on their 2015 advice. I blame the Renault tie up. Every Renault I've ever been accosiated with has been a pile of shit. I think this is why the dealers have to get Nissan approval first, they are trying to get on top of a very bad situation, it actually making the experience twice as bad though. I'm very worried about resale value now. We intended to keep this car a long time, but cannot see that happening on this performance. I think we should consider bombarding Nissan with combined complaints and crashing their system., might shake them into some serious action. So much for an awarding winning car and factury.

Carolann

Post by Carolann »

Ive had a creaking noise on steering wheel since car was 1 yr old my nissan quasqui acenta registered 2014 has now got battery problems had to have 5 jump starts in last week
My car was in for 2nd service and i mentioned the creaky steering wheel was told she was aware of what the problem was but they couldnt hear it on that day so it got left but if hear it again to go back in . Now i have flat battery called out nissan breakdown today he said battery dead needs replaced its booked in to dealer in morning but not sure if they will replace battery after reading other owners experiences i will also mention that the steering wheel still creaks lets hope this time they hear that
Mike Read

Post by Mike Read »

Nissan Batteries are shit too, we had a new one the day after the air condenser was replaced, 11 months old, delayed our weekend away by half a day and landed up in rush hour traffic.We were understandably delighted. The Nissan technician confirm they are crap.
bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

I've just had the same problem with mine, was worse the colder the weather was. My car was serviced this week, the steering had been creaking for a few days, including the morning of the service. By the time I got the car to the garage, the car had warmed up, and the creaking had gone!

I mentioned it to the service reception staff, and was told they would look into it - I did warn them that they may not be able to hear it.

When I collected the car later they told me that they had lubricated the steering column, and sure enough the creaking has now gone!
Dw350zQQ

Post by Dw350zQQ »

bone_tone wrote: When I collected the car later they told me that they had lubricated the steering column, and sure enough the creaking has now gone!

It will be back in a day or two.
Gun Metal Grey J11 2015 Qashqai 1.6 DIG-T Tekna. Chrome wing mirrors. Crossover pack. Chrome front lip. Chrome rear tail gate trim.
eljuero

Post by eljuero »

My QQ also has this problem. And with front shock absorbers. Local Nissan service has promissed to change some parts when they will be done with factory recall situation.
1.6 DIG-T TEKNA BLACK
Carolann

Post by Carolann »

Just got my car back from local dealer regards to the creaky steering wheel and dead battery after car being only over 2 yrs 4 months old the battery got replaced under warranty didnt have to fight them to get it and i mentioned for second time about the steering wheel creak they said this was lubricated today whilst in it is something to do with lower arm bush and grommet to rectify the creak so all in all had a good service at my local dealership today :D
Mike Read

Post by Mike Read »

Creaking will be back as soon as the car is cold
eljuero

Post by eljuero »

Did they replace the battery with some other brand?
Lubrication doesn't help. At least didn't in my case.
1.6 DIG-T TEKNA BLACK
Carolann

Post by Carolann »

Same brand of battery a fiamm time will tell if creaking stops with the lubrication