Creaky Suspension

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Bpirie1000

Post by Bpirie1000 »

Me to ish.... Mine sounds more like a clicking noise as if it is on the splines of the steering column clicking....

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

We have a cold weather spell over here and last week I heard in a Multi Storey Park House "The Noise" at first even the wife who has good Hearing said it came from the Suspension but I said Nope it is from the Steering. Well then came warmer weather - Nothing more !, this week it is colder and "The Noise" is back so I stuck the QQ on an Icy Road and rotated the Steering Wheel on Full Lock in both directions and "The Noise" seemed to prove IMHO it was the Steering. I think I will speak to our Dealer next week for a comment - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
stevepil

Post by stevepil »

I am new to the forum but had to comment on this post :)

I have had the same noise since December in my car, the video on page 7 is exactly the same noise I am getting, it has been driving me nuts and is getting worse every day, you can hear it outside the car too when steering

I took to local Nissan and they said it is the upper front struts and it is booked in for next Friday with the latest recall (wheel arch) being done at the same time.

I love the Nissan QQ but the amount of faults in 2 years I have had have put me off Nissan for life!

Hoping the struts will fix it, I did challenge the garage and said why does it sound like its coming from the steering wheel and he said to trust him its the struts he has done many and it will fix the fault....!

Lets see, I am still driving it as he said it was perfectly safe to drive
Billgo

Post by Billgo »

I had the strut seatings replaced last summer to fix this problem, however the noise came back after a few months. In early December the covers over the front struts were replaced and no noise so far. The part no. for these covers :- 540344EA1A, hope this helps.
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
2019 QQ 1.3 Petrol. Manual
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Stevepil, take a look at this post where you should find what you need, sketch, part number etc - Dave :)
As you are a new member please try using the "Search" facility for previous posts / facts.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3436&start=30
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
ANDYMCLEMAN

Post by ANDYMCLEMAN »

I changed front struts, mounts and strut bearings. Creaking is still there. Silicon sprayed all the rear rubbers and mounts and exhaust mounts. Also sprayed Flexi exhaust pipe through its cover with molybynum grease. Car still creaks but not as bad starts when car has been driven for about twenty minutes. Anyone else got any ideas
ANDYMCLEMAN

Post by ANDYMCLEMAN »

After changing all of the above I have noticed I can slightly move my front springs when the vehicle is on the ground. Could weak springs be the cause of front end creaking any ideas.
Metalhead
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Metalhead »

My car’s suspension creaks when moving slowly
ANDYMCLEMAN

Post by ANDYMCLEMAN »

Discovered and solved creaking. The subframe mounting bolts were dry thoroughly lubricated no more creaking when driving.
zxe

Post by zxe »

Humm, i have the same thing, coming from the back, and it summer, but only does it on rough ground