Well that's not a good start is it

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Jabberwocky

Post by Jabberwocky »

So the dealer has just rung to say our new QQ is ready for collection, good news you would think?

Well I'm absolutely fuming, it's on a 66 plate, we specifically told them on ordering that we wanted it on a 17 plate, they even said it's arrival date was first week in march so no problem, it will be on a 17 plate, so they have totally ignored us and decided to bump up their 66 sales figures instead. My wife doesn't seem to care, and it's her car, so she won't make an issue out of it, but if it was my car I'd reject it or ask for a discount.

I'm utterly flabbergasted they didn't ring us when it came in to ask if we wanted it early on a 66 or wait for a 17, doesn't bode well for our ongoing relationship.

I'm going to check the reg date to check we aren't being palmed off with a pre registered car or someone else's reject.

Or am I being silly, never bought a new car before.

Charlie Miller

Post by Charlie Miller »

If you told them on ordering that you wanted a 17 plate that is what you should get. I agree with you. Reject or ask for a discount.
2016 N-Connecta 1.6 dci Xtronic: Pano Roof/Rails: Heat Pack: Black Alloygators: Gun Metal.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Question is, did you have it in writing about only wanting to accept a 17 reg? If not, then to be fair they've fulfilled their obligation by ordering your car. Is it really such a big deal? Enjoy the car. If you refuse to take it then you may well end up waiting a good few weeks longer as the dealer will not be your best mate.
RVW

Post by RVW »

Notgood BUT if you reject the car and are forced to wait they could hang it out until April. That would mean your VED will go up to £140 per year?
J11-2016 QashQai Tekna 1.5dci Magnetic Red
Jabberwocky

Post by Jabberwocky »

gvmdaddy wrote:Question is, did you have it in writing about only wanting to accept a 17 reg? If not, then to be fair they've fulfilled their obligation by ordering your car. Is it really such a big deal? Enjoy the car. If you refuse to take it then you may well end up waiting a good few weeks longer as the dealer will not be your best mate.
What's having it writing got to do with anything? The conversation was had and we were told it would be on a 17 plate, and it's a big deal as it will affect its trade in value, you can guarantee they will tell us in 3 years ' well of course if it was on a 17 plate it would be worth more sir' and if they mess us about then Peugeot will sell another 3008.

People not standing up for their rights and accepting sub standard service is why we have terrible customer service in this country.
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

jabberwocky, agree you seem to have been miss-sold
You should certainly have the conversation with your salesperson and/or his/her boss
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Unfortunately its your word against theirs. You really should have ensured it was written on the order form when you signed it. It constitutes your contract with them. If there is nothing on paper then how do you prove it?