Starting car when in gear

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
itsamyboo

Post by itsamyboo »

I have a 2014 Qashqai with a key (not push to start) that I have only had for 2 months and already had several issues with it. I always leave my car in gear when I turn it off as I live on a hill and I've always been able to start the car just fine in gear. Two weeks ago it started where the car will only turn on in neutral, if it is in gear and you turn the key nothing happens at all i.e no noise that the car is attempting to fire up. Because I've only had the car a couple of months, i'm wondering if this is normal for a Qashqai? Background: the battery was fully replaced yesterday for a fault with auto stop/start function and there is also a radio fault (waiting on a delivery before that can be replaced). Many thanks!

Michael

Post by Michael »

Do you press the clutch in when starting? My Insignia required that, as does this QQ (button start), whether it's in gear or nuetral.
'16 1.5dci N-Connecta, Blade Silver, bonnet struts
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Take a look at the 1st Comment - Dave ;)

IMG_3552.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken