Free map update

ICE, Equipment, Options
CJS

Post by CJS »

I just contacted Nissan customer services which is based in Paris (at least for some European countries) to ask if a map update was available for my 2014 J11 navigation system. have been frustrated with the outdated maps on my system and had read about other owners with the same problem. To my surprise they were extremely helpful - I should point out that I had several complaints about various issues with my Qashqai and probably did go on a bit! They carefully noted my complaints giving me a case number and agreed to send me a free map update within 14 days. Well worth the free phone call.
It remains to be seen if anything actually happens but at least I felt very positive about the process. Nissan really did seem keen to please.
Qashqai J11 1.6D Tekna automatic

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

CJS, where are you based because when I phone from Germany I always get the NCS from here. I also have had no problems with NCS once you get the "Number" you usually get email replies or a call from the Dealer.
Be warned on the Maps we bought one for our 2014 QQ j11A mid 16 and it is still hopelessly out of date but this is a known problem and there are posts on this. But FOC you cannot really complain - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
CJS

Post by CJS »

Thanks for that Dave. I live in Austria. The SD card arrived today - much quicker than anticipated. They told me that they also deal with Germany but who knows the mysteries of NCS? I installed the SD card and tried it with a route that fooled the old system and the update was fooled too. To be fair though it offered me the alternate (correct) route because of traffic problems so perhaps it will be be better.
Incidentally I received a call from my garage telling me that the replacement glassroof blind has arrived (after an almost 6 week wait). Coincidence or did my complaining phonecall to NCS actually initiate some movement? My advice is for all owners to complain to NCS directly if they do not get satisfaction from their dealership. They will eventually get tbe message! I also scored a bonus point by getting a hire car from my dealership for €11 per day during the 3 day repair (initially they refused any cut price deal in spite of the fact that it is a warranty issue) - this was another of my complaints to NCS. So I won't hold my breath but I just may get all the issues fixed on the car and have the second service to set me up for another years 'trouble - free' motoring. Fingers crossed!
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

CJS, the problem of NCS is an old old problem. I keep mentioning this point it must be getting boring. Over here there appears to be a different approach from NCS because you can infact phone and speak to an agent. To obtain an NCS No (like a work order number) for the Guarantee through the Dealer I normally email with the facts, once this number exists that is way to NCS. With our QQ all the Guarantee work has been done by our Dealer contacting Nissan through the Dealer System, not by me and NCS.
Normally with a Service car I get charged nothing for the Guarantee Work and for Servicing just a minimal kilometer cost, which is peanuts and well worth it - I hope the Roof Blind works you need it with the weather now - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
CJS

Post by CJS »

in years gone by I always got a free lone car when my VW was being serviced and it was always brand new and very smart - then they suddenly started charging by the kilometer which really irked me. With Nissan they say the €11 is to cover insurance and is a special offer - who knows? As I said earlier NCS Paris did come across as an genuinely caring organisation but of course all that was down to the excellence of the young lady who answered my call who really had CS skills. Ultimately it is the quality of the dealership and their care that will influence my loyalty to the brand. I will keep members posted regarding the sun roof blind repair and of course the cruise control problem. You are right Dave, we really need the blind now that summer is finally here.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

In UK + perhaps elsewhere, Customer Service is outsourced to a call handling company.
May be same outfit as Renault <Arvato> who share Maple Cross HO with Nissan;
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, I think you may well have hit the nail on the head, but I must say when I phoned an NCS No. from here it did go through to Ireland and then I was transferred back to Germany. What I do now when I have questions is phone a number which is stated on an NCS email with the NCS Complaint No. This gives you the direct contact to an NCS person for your problem - normally ! - Dave :)
These are what are available here : in Germany Free Tel. No. 0800/5894987 or from UK +492232/572079 or germany@nissan-services.eu