Battery dead?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
villawoz

Post by villawoz »

Wife out at t football tournament in our Qashqai 1.5 diesel and drove there fine but when she went to close it kept beeping and loads of lights came on the dash. Tried to start it but no joy. No doors or boot were open, double checked.

Tried again a few minutes later and it started OK so she left it. Few hours later came to start it and again beeping with flashing lights and dead. A friend has jump started it so she is on her way back in it now but does this sound like dead battery?

It's a 2014 plate and 3 year warranty runs out in 5 days and it is booked in for it's first MOT tomorrow at our local non-Nissan garage.

Last week I kept getting the Stop/Start fault error message one day then fine the next.

Any advice most welcome. Is it just a case of battery dead, need a new one and be fine again?

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

If you have been getting your car serviced by Nissan then call out the Brake Down Service, as a lot of times they have just replaced the battery at no charge.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Sounds very much like the battery - is it the dreaded Fiamm? RAC usually handles the breakdown side, and they're authorised to test and replace.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

I had this about eight weeks ago with no prior warning whatsoever. Nissan dealer told me to call the Nissan Assist, or whatever its called, and they sent a local breakdown truck initially, who diagnosed the obviously dead battery, and he arranged the RAC patrol to call round and he brought a new Nissan battery with him and fitted it. No hassle or quibble whatsoever. Mine was about 29 months old at the time.

There's something dodgy about many stop/start batteries it seems to me. I've a Volvo XC90, new in March, and its battery failed within eight weeks of delivery.
harryjack80
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by harryjack80 »

YOU NEED A NEW BATTERY THAT'S WHY YOU GETTING STOP AND START ERROR . BUY YOUR BATTERY FROM NISSAN THEY ARE THE CHEAPEST £60 HALFORDS WANTED £160 .
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

He qualifies for replacement under Guarantee; known issue with some 2014 models.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

harryjack80 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:00 pm YOU NEED A NEW BATTERY THAT'S WHY YOU GETTING STOP AND START ERROR . BUY YOUR BATTERY FROM NISSAN THEY ARE THE CHEAPEST £60 HALFORDS WANTED £160 .
Must be sorted by now dates are more than a month ago
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car