Frustrated QQ Owner

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

We had our 2015 QQ into the garage for a service and quite a few additional checks/repairs last week. We've had it around 9 months and have only done 5k in it. It was ex-Nissan management and came with 12.5k on the clock (replacing an disastrous X-trail that we returned after just 4 months). Frustratingly the salesman admitted that most of these issues are known faults but can't be rectified pre-sale or until the customer complains, in order that they can be claimed back via the warranty ! The car went back a couple of weeks after received it to have several issues noted on pick up rectified, including paintwork damage & a couple of barely legal tyres. This car (or owner) certainly doesn't feel Cared4.

Amongst the issues we highlighted this time were -
  • ‘Crazed’ roof rail end caps (replaced...but maybe not all)
    Front parking sensors falsely triggering regularly – worse when wet (holes drilled in them to resolve - hopefully)
    Blind spot indicators – flashing spuriously on a regular basis – especially when wet (settings checked - but no further fix - 'it happens')
    Collision avoidance – flashing up unavailable on a regular basis, especially when wet/cold (same as above)
    Handbrake – on occasion hasn’t applied until 3rd or 4th attempt (see re Brake Discs and pads below !)
    Stereo often comes on playing the CD when previously on radio! Sometimes the screen also remains blank when the car is started. (software checked and confirmed as the latest version - so left)
    Steering noise - worse/occurs when weather is colder (apparently couldn't recreate so just greased up some parts - no replacements of parts)
    Disc’s – started to feel like they were warped a few months after buying. Some wobble on braking, especially from higher speeds (see below).
    A noise (vibration) can be heard on lifting off the accelerator and most noticeable when stationary (air box pipe further secured)
    Panoramic roof cover failing to retract fully, and then thumps shut a few minutes later – ‘one touch’ not working either. (both fixed)
To add to my frustration we had to shell out £300+ for replacement rear discs and pads (95% worn !) on a car that we've run for just 5k miles. I queried this but was told that the sales dept weren't able to offer any goodwill or discount.

Just leaves me wondering exactly what checks are completed on these Cared4 cars and what the cut off is for the likes of pad replacement etc?

The whole Nissan car buying/ownership experience has been less than satisfactory for me & I am looking forward to moving on ASAP. It's a shame as the wife quite likes her car (was mine originally when we bought it), but like me isn't too impressed. Ironically we traded in a nice, but ageing XC60 to buy the X trail, then the QQ in order to hopefully secure some reliability going forward...what a mistake that was !
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.

Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Sorry about your 2nd lot of problems. I am moving on just to service issues but still like the car but just cannot put up with how I am treated when something goes wrong.

Hopefully your problems get sorted out.

I didn't think lightning strikes twice !
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Thanks Paul. I just don't like being taken for a mug. I expected better from Nissan & the dealer...yes, seems lightening does strike twice !
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

The more you read the comments over the Nissan QQ Problems and that now owners are beginning to hand back their cars the more Nissan should be concerned. My question is still whether Nissan Personnel read these Forums to get this important Feedback. OK there are many happy Owners also but as mentioned before the Negatives should still be highlighted.

To me and I could be wrong the Biggest Negatives appear to be the "Dealers" these are the Guys that grab your money, offer a Nissan Guarantee and should also offer a Service, which in some cases they appear not to do and it appears their attitude is all wrong towards their customers. This is a major point that Nissan need to focus on more including NCS.
Here we normally get either a callcenter call or an email with questions on the Dealer after a Service. Are these Dealer problems mainly U.K. related or a general problem ?

I personally hope that all you members find and enjoy the Car of your choice and get down to enjoying it - Regards Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

My front parking sensors started going off last week randomly quite a lot. I just gave them all a wipe and it seems to have fixed it.

I think they get a film of dirt on them that you don't notice as they are black.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Chris, ours is also a 14 model and we went through various problems with the sensors, I then got into the habit of running my fingers regularly over the Sensors and cameras and for some reason the problem has disappeared - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

DaveBerlin wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:15 pm Chris, ours is also a 14 model and we went through various problems with the sensors, I then got into the habit of running my fingers regularly over the Sensors and cameras and for some reason the problem has disappeared - Dave ;)
You know when you think your car is clean but then run your hand over the paintwork on your door and realise it's actually a different colour under all that grime... but until you have run a finger over it you can't actually tell it's dirty... I think that's the issue!
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Dave you hit the nail on the head. Not the car (all cars have issues) it's the way that the dealers are dealing with them on the service side. I am lucky enough that I have finances in place to change cars and walk away. Others aren't that lucky. If I was having to stay with the QQ I would be dreading the next thing that goes wrong.

Good luck
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
jamiroQQ

Post by jamiroQQ »

WELCOME TO THE CLUB MATE NISSAN HAVE LET US ALL DOWN OURS WAS 3 YEARS OLD AND STILL HAD MANY FAULTS. ITS GONE NOW !!!!
A Stocks
Polly w
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Polly w »

The main dealers are rubbish. Mainly Renault as QQ have Renault engines and brakes etc.
I had trouble with my air con. Made a complaint to Nissan direct and told them I would take them to court as system not fit for purpose under trades description and their main dealership was rubbish . Job sorted and not a penny paid. It's a good tactic with any manufacturer.