19 inch wheels ride quality

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Dave, European roads are much better than the UK's! Ours seem more and more to use a noisy surface which accentuates tyre roar, even when new. Occasionally a nice resurfaced stretch of motorway has a quiet surface... bliss! I have 18-inch wheels and they seem a good compromise between style and comfort... however I originally test-drove a 1.2 Tekna and didn't notice any harsh ride on its 19-inchers, and I have a chronic back problem. Doesn't the new QQ have a "Hover" setting in its new-fangled ProPilot tech? ;)
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Houndie, your comment on "European" Roads might well be correct but here there is the same problems as in the UK for example on local roads which have Big Holes and restricted Speed Limits. These are just mostly temporary repaired but when the winter comes, it is back to square one and Big Holes. There are still a load of Autobahns here from the old DDR (East Germany) which are basically cement with Tar strips between which do generate noises. In general you are correct there are lots Good roads and Autobahn Construction in progress here, widening, repairing and new. What can generate noises is the White Line Markings on the roads depending on their thickness. Having no speed limits out here on the Autobahns does I suppose also mean the roads need to be up to scratch.
Do you mean the new J11B can fly :lol: it does appear to still have the "Chassis Control Intelligence Trace Control and Intelligence Ride Control" - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Went from mini countryman cooper SD to tekna and found ride was fine read all reports about the negative things but find the car is great ....fast and nice drive...you can't put your foot down at 30 mph in 4 gear and expect to bomb long but change down and use the turbo .....above 2000 rpm and it goes. .....david
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
Rob74
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Rob74 »

I don't have any issues with 19" on our qashqai & I don't feel any real difference in the old one that had 18"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 1.5dci Tekna ink blue
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Houndie, this is the Hover Option - Dave :lol:

IMG_3882.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
carlgoss

Post by carlgoss »

Get a good road surface and the 19's are as smooth as you like. On motorways at speed the 19's are a good choice and a very pleasant cruise. A little bit harder on dented town roads, probably because of the low profile, but it doesn't bother me in use. I do worry about possible alloy damage on kerbs though , so I'm as careful as possible when parking etc. Continental Contisport's on my 15 plate Tekna as well.
15 plate DCI 110 1.5 Diesel Tekna Nightshade
Hackney

Post by Hackney »

mikeburton1955 wrote: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:10 pm Quite a lot of Internet reviews reviews bemoan the ride quality of the 19 inch rims which are standard on the Tekna specification. What's the experience of owners on this forum of the larger wheels and have any owners had the opportunity to make a meaningful comparison against smaller rims? Mine doesn't arrive until mid June, time drags................
I have two Qashqai variants (Australia) "ST"(entry level) & "TI"(top spec) the ST is the better riding one due to its "standard" 17" wheels,a lot more comfortable ride without a doubt.The TI is a lot coarser on the bitumen due to its low profile tyres(19")with the top spec variant it is all about the looks.ST is definitely the best "all rounder".Cheers:):)🇦🇺🛫🛬🇸🇬🛫🛬🇬🇧
Living the dream!
Mad Maru

Post by Mad Maru »

Can only say having driven many cars all with low profile tyres on the 19" on my black edition are the most comfortable I've driven over the past week and 300+ miles. Speed bumps driven sensibly are smooth and I cannot fault the 19" wheels in anyway.

Hackney

Post by Hackney »

Mad Maru wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:14 am Can only say having driven many cars all with low profile tyres on the 19" on my black edition are the most comfortable I've driven over the past week and 300+ miles. Speed bumps driven sensibly are smooth and I cannot fault the 19" wheels in anyway.

Yes,me too(driven many vehicles with low profile tyres) I cannot fault them,but as I alluded to in previous post they are lot "harder riding" than conventional 17" on the other Qashqai variant,pretty indicative of this type of setup with low profile tyres(especially with "SUV" type vehicles.)I do roughly 500ks a week in my ST,I expect I will get around the 40-50000 odd k mark with them(or hoping!).Low profile not likely,that's the trade off with a performance tyre.The vehicle with the low profile certainly is more sure footed on the h'way,again the set up of the vehicle in this variant,plus it's all about looks & style in these model,but in saying that it is a very comfortable vehicle to drive.Njoy your Qashqai though!Cheers:):)🚗🚗
Living the dream!
PCR92
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by PCR92 »

They certainly do look much better. I run ContiSportContact5 (225/45 R19W) tyres on mine.