Beeps? On new Qashqai

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Ladybird

Post by Ladybird »

I would like my Qashqui to make an audible sound when I have reached the recommended speed limit on whatever road I am driving on........My Captur made a ding sound when the speed had been reached. I have searched the menue on my new qashqai but carnt find a way to do this......or maybe it just doesn't do this on the new Qashqui?

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Not an option.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Exjag

Post by Exjag »

I have that in mine, it's called the Mrs ! :lol:
2008 Qashqai Acenta 2L Petrol Manual
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

The "recommended" speed surely depends on weather conditions, time of day, obvious hazards etc., not just what the maximum allowable speed limit is?
Exjag

Post by Exjag »

Self parking, self driving, self braking, beeps for this and beeps for that......can people actually drive anymore? Soon, the steering wheel will become a hinderence because it gets in the way of your bowl when eating your breakfast on the way to work! :D
2008 Qashqai Acenta 2L Petrol Manual
Ladybird

Post by Ladybird »

Thanks for ' useful ' replies :roll: .....I was just asking a simple question. I personally CAN drive safely without all the so called beeping.......but find it useful as a reminder not to exceed certain speed restrictions that have cameras.
I quite agree that most of the audible sounds the car can make are unnecessary and I have them turned off. But if there was a simple 'beep' to remind me not to exceed for example 50mph, then I would be happy to hear it.
If my Qashqui doesn't have this function......I won't loose sleep over it.
Ladybird

Post by Ladybird »

Sorry I forgot to add....Yes Rod I do know how to drive In different weather conditions and I can drive in the dark! Funny how a simple question can get such silly replies......
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Exjag wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:16 pm I have that in mine, it's called the Mrs ! :lol:
The problem with that is there's no volume control or off switch :)
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Use the speed limiter instead. Once you get used to it it's easy to set and adjust for different roads and limits.
Ladybird

Post by Ladybird »

Thanks gymdaddy, yes I will use that. We do a lot of driving across country and there are lots of different speeds to contend with, and not always clearly visible, so it's easy to get caught out with the cameras. I did find the audible ding on my Captur to be a good thing, and was quite surprised the Qashqui hasn't got one, seeing as it can ding for most other things.....but hey I won't loose sleep over it.....