Qashqai 2016 - alarm goes off at night

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
NissanMarz
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by NissanMarz »

I owe a Nissan Qashqai since December 2016. Recently the neighbours quarrelled that the car made an alarm sound and lights flashing for about 30-60 seconds and this repeated itself for two hours. I replied that my car does not even have an alarm. The next day, they also complained about the same event during the night but at 11pm. Again, for the third consecutive night, this time the car parked at my father's residence several km away, he informed me that the car was blinking at 9:30pm when I was away.

I am puzzled, also for the fact that the car has an alarm! When I lock the car and bump gently on the car or push it, nothing sounds up!?

1) What triggers the alarm???
2) How it can be disabled???
3) How can I learn if this is a fault or if something is genuinely triggering it (a mouse?)

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Is your QQ a UK version or other country related. The reason I ask is that our 2014 QQ is a LHD / German Spec Tekna and has NO Alarm installed, on questioning NCS the reason given which appears to be a standard answer is that it is Country Related - Dave :)
This might help you or might not :

IMG_4326.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
IsaCh33ma
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by IsaCh33ma »

Hi
Sorry About your Problem
Im having one of my own
I dont know how to compose a forum, can you please tell me how to do it

Thank you
NissanMarz
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by NissanMarz »

Hi, I think I figured out the problem. Probably I, have some insect such as a moth in the car which when wakes up at night and fly towards the street lights it triggers the ultrasonic/internal movement l alarm. This evening I have sprayed some sheltox insectiside spray inside the car and no complaint received from the neighbours. Anyway, I've also learned that the ultrasonic alarm can be switched off by pressing the button near the mirror (sign of a car with concentric curved lines inside).

Thanks to Dave and all who tried to help