About to Order a new one... Couple of questions

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
RickT
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by RickT »

Hi there,

About to order a 1.2 Petrol Connecta in Gun Metal paint with Sunroof...

Pretty much decided on the car but before pushing the button, just wondered if any owners of the 1.2 Petrol engine can share their thoughts on it ? Does it pull its weight good enough ? Car is going to be for the Mrs, so school runs, shopping and local ish type driving, no mega mileage and expecting around 8k miles a year..

I have had a quick play with the infotainment system which seems a bit basic really, does it support Apple Car Play or Android Auto ?

Thanks
Last edited by RickT on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2018 Nissan Qashqai - 1.2 n Connecta + Pano Roof

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Others can comment on engine but Connect hasn't been updated for years and is very basic. It doesn't support systems you list.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
RickT

Post by RickT »

Gel wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:41 pm Others can comment on engine but Connect hasn't been updated for years and is very basic. It doesn't support systems you list.
Thanks.. I didnt have much time but I tried to get the list of DAB stations up as wel but was unable to get it to display the station icons like in most cars... So not sure if you can or not..

It just felt really clunky and dated.. Only thing putting me off at the moment
2018 Nissan Qashqai - 1.2 n Connecta + Pano Roof
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

I collected my 2nd 1.2 petrol Qashqai nearly 3 weeks ago - the J11B N-Connecta. So far, it seems to be more fuel efficient than the J11A I bought in 2014.

The range on a full tank of petrol is currently showing 480-500 miles. My previous Qashqai had a range of 410 miles in the first few months of ownership. The best mpg I have achieved in my new Qashqai is 48mpg by the time it reached 200 miles. The previous Qashqai’s best was 51.6 mpg but averaging 38-45mpg, mainly driving around town and nearly 3 years ownership. Where I live, the roads are flat (if uneven and potholed) and 20mph for most of them. Lancashire County Council have installed average speed cameras out of town on the dual carriageway. That used to have the national speed limit of 70mph which has now been reduced to a maximum of 50mph for nearly 4 miles 😕

I’ve mentioned this in another thread but Nissan have removed the steering wheel voice activation facility for Apple iPhones/Google Android Phones. You have to use the Connect screen which isn’t the easiest or safest thing to do whilst driving!
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

"I’ve mentioned this in another thread but Nissan have removed the steering wheel voice activation facility for Apple iPhones/Google Android Phones. You have to use the Connect screen which isn’t the easiest or safest thing to do whilst driving!"

I use this feature often in the car. Does the system now provide its own voice activated calling? Can you phone book appear in the screen between the dials (like VW cars?)? Do you just have to press the button on the connect display to bring up voice activation, or is no voice control available?
Now 1.3 petrol Tekna + Gunmetal (Oct-2022)
Was 1.5dci Tekna+ Gunmetal (March 2018)
Was 1.5dci Acenta Premium Magnetic Red (March 2014)
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

Hello Rob_S,

There is no voice control at all. The dealer pointed it out to me in the showroom when I collected my car. Pressing and holding down the phone button on the steering wheel only activates the Nissan Connect touchscreen - no Siri interaction with my iPhone and the Qashqai like there was on the J11A Qashqai I had before.

You have to use the 7” Connect touchscreen to access your phone’s contact list. Nothing appears on the information display between the dials in front of the driver 😕

The dealer is getting in touch with Nissan to see what can be done, if anything. He’s also going to ask about the Auto High Beam Assist as that doesn’t seem to be present either 🤔
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sandgrounder, are you talking about this the "Auto High Beam Assist" as it is stated here by Nissan (New Edition J11B) it is included please see attached. It appears to be exactly the same as the QQ J11A or have I got it screwed up ? - Dave 😏

IMG_2683.PNG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

Thanks for that, Dave. That’s how I remembered the operation on my old Qashqai and, as you point out, Nissan are showing it is exactly the same in the new Qashqai courtesy of the Nissan Driver’s Guide app but the owner’s manual reads different...

421CC037-3FE9-4EE0-8684-07B782193475.jpeg

The owner’s guide says all you need to do is make sure the headlight switch is set to <AUTO> and the dynamic high beam assistant indicator appears in the instrument panel automatically from what I can gather, assuming certain variables are met.

Nothing appears in the instrument panel to confirm the automatic high beam assist is activated. All that happens, when I push the stalk towards the windscreen, is the blue high beam light activates.

Maybe it’s something to do with the LED pack I had installed? Anyway, I’ll just have to cope with doing it the old fashioned way :D ;)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Is'nt this exactly the same as the J11A where the blue indicator lights up for High Beam Manual or High Beam Automatic depending on oncoming traffic at night or lack of light - Dave ;)

J11A info' :

IMG_4399.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

That’s correct, Dave, but it’s missing this green light on the information display for it to work automatically:

B4C13599-9752-43EE-95AE-DC6E186CF367.jpeg

On the J11A, you had an option to tick a box in the menu system to activate it when you pushed the stalk towards the windscreen. That would result in the green warning light (as shown above) appearing in the display which would turn blue, when the high beam activated and back to green all by itself. There’s no option in the menu system on the J11B to activate high beam assist but the user manual says as long as you have the lights on <AUTO> the high beam green light (shown above) will also appear in the display but it doesn’t. I hope that makes sense? 😊