Wheel refurbishment

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
switchback

Post by switchback »

I had mine painted gloss black all over due to white worm corrosion. I hated the diamond cut finish so the all black option was a no-brainer for me. There was no other damage to the rims and it cost me £192 for 4 wheels to be done. I supplied the wheels without tyres as I was getting new ones fitted at the same time.

http://www.aerocoat.co.uk/Wheel%20refurbishment.html

2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.

daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Thanks for your advice and input people, it really helps. I am happy with the quote for the refurb so may well go ahead with it. just got to convince the wife it's worth shelling out for. It's amazing how many companies I have tried (including wheels r us) who have not bothered getting back to me.

Switchback, your black wheels look good, but personally I think black wheels go best with black or white cars, so it's not an option for my Mag Red Qq.

As I mentioned in my first thread, there are some brand new Tekna alloys, with new Continentals and TPMS fitted for sale on e-bay for £895, so another option would be to buy those and then try and sell my current alloys with Continentals and about 5mm of tread per tyre, not sure if it's worth the effort of trying to sell them though, decisions, decisions!

Daewar, thanks for the tip! I'm sure there are loads of places around the UK I could leave my vehicle and come back to find some helpful soul has removed the wheels for me, and left it on bricks!

Anyway, thanks again for all your help and advice. Dave and Gel you are the oracles in my opinion!

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D