Engine loses power between 2k and2.2k revs

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Big Blue
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Big Blue »

Hopefully someone can solve this mystery! My neighbour has a 2014 1.6 dci 4x4 QQ and this broblem is occuring about every 50 miles. No alarms come up. as the revs suddenly drop, and about a minute later power returns. Nissan have interegated the softwear with no result, they took it out on the motorway, of course it didnt happen ! Any advice welcome please, as he is worried that one day it will die on him
Thanks in advance

NFPhil

Post by NFPhil »

Have just joined the forum and I can also report that I have experienced a similar but much less severe issue. I also have a 2014 1.6 dci 4x4 QQ with only 22000 miles. The car is mainly only used on very long runs (over 100 miles) and not used much on short journeys. I have noticed an occasional brief engine stutter while driving on motorway at between 60 and 70 mph in 2-wheel drive. On a recent 300 mile journey it occurred intermittently approx 10 times. The engine seems to miss a beat and it is felt as a slight jerk, then recovers within 3 seconds. It almost feels like we hit a bump in the road. When reported to Nissan service they suggested it would be due to the catalyst converter regeneration switching on, which seems very unlikely. As I cannot readily demonstrate the problem I am just waiting until the problem gets worse.
A friend recently commented that several years ago he had a similar experience with another make of car - (I think it was a Ford). The intermittent engine loss of power was eventually identified as a faulty crankcase sensor. Perhaps this is our problem too.
Rhino2k

Post by Rhino2k »

My 57 plate 2.0 DCI that I just traded in used to do this every now and then, Not bad power loss, More like a blip follew by sometimes a slight loss of power. Always put it down to the regen cycle.

I would guess it is what's happening to your car also.

DPF went on mine at 97K and the dealer wanted £2250 to fix it, Ended up costing £800 or so with a pattern DPF. It did put me off diesels so now I have the 1.2 petrol which is actually pretty good :)
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

This might sound odd, but it could be your battery - mine was doing this (amongst other little foibles) that I was putting down to its French DNA, however when I had the battery fail and subsequently replaced there was tons of fault codes, one of which was related to the throttle position sensor; since having the battery replaced and these fault codes cleared, the car has got it perkiness back, and has so far not had any of its wee power losses.
1.5dci Acenta Premium
Wishlist: Autofold Mirrors, Chrome body trim and Metal sill protectors;