Qashqai+2 1.6dci Engine Managment light P253F

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Soul

Post by Soul »

Morning
Started my car Today and the yellow engine managment light came. I connected a Bluetooth OBD reader and gave a fault code P253F but came unknow.
Checking online they say something to do with oil but I had it serviced by kwick fit 4 months ago with the MOT.

Anyone knows what the error could be ?

Qashqai+2 / 2013 / 1.6dci

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Oil life monitor may need resetting, should have been done during oil change.
Soul

Post by Soul »

How do you reset the oil life monitor ??
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Kwik Fit should have done it. Apparently they didn't. Who would have imagined that Kwik Fit wouldn't do their job properly? ;)
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Soul

Post by Soul »

Morning
also does my 2013 Qashqai+2 have a oil monitor sensor then if it has been tripped then does that mean it needs an oil change?
I did read that some new cars with DPF filter, if you do a lot of short journeys needs and oil change earlier because of the heat from no of regeneration it has to do.
Soul

Post by Soul »

Hound wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:55 am Kwik Fit should have done it. Apparently they didn't. Who would have imagined that Kwik Fit wouldn't do their job properly? ;)
Morning
also does my 2013 Qashqai+2 have a oil monitor sensor then if it has been tripped then does that mean it needs an oil change?
I did read that some new cars with DPF filter, if you do a lot of short journeys needs and oil change earlier because of the heat from no of regeneration it has to do.
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Take it back to Kwik Fit and get them to sort it.... you have paid...
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
Soul

Post by Soul »

I have booked it for tomorrow with them, I will let you know what happens
Soul

Post by Soul »

I have taken it to Kwik Fit but they have said that there are few different error sensors, including the Cam Shaft sensor and I have to take it to a dealer. They said oil seems to be ok and has been driven 5000 miles since service.
On my bluetooth OBDII\ Torque it is showing the same error and now the DPF as well now.
One thing he did also mentioned was that the battery was a bit weak and also the fuel light was on but it did have a full tank. After a bit it did start to go up and now it is showing full tank now.

Anyone has any ideas or can recommend a Garage :?: