Is the latest QQ any better!?

Bodywork & Interior problems
beeker
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by beeker »

Hi everyone

I took delivery of a Tekna QQ in April and everything was great to start with then more and more problems began to happen.

Rattles in the dash.
Creaking noise from the rear.
Clunking noise from the rear which sounded like metal on metal.
Loud rattling noise from the rear.

7 visits to the dealership and all they have manage to fix is the rattle in the dash board.

They replaced a rear light cluster that didn't need replacing. This started off the knocking noises in the rear. They have now replaced both rear light clusters but the rattling and knocking noises remain, albeit not as bad. Dealership are useless. Went out with the technician and he could hear all the noises mentioned but returned car after 2 days with all but one of them fixed!

I've had enough now after 7 visits and I am getting rid. I was wondering does anyone know if the latest 2017 face lifted QQ is any better? If it's not I'm going elsewhere.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Beeker, I do not think this will really help you but over the years and there are many of us that have been around since 2014 and are satisfied with our QQ‘s. It has been stated regularly that the QQ has had problems and most members seem to have experienced similiar or suffered the same problems, but in most cases they have been corrected.
Now from your comments it appears to be a „Dealer“ Problem and this comment appears to arise very often when these problems occur. It has also been mentioned that if you do find a good Dealer then hang on to them as they do make life easier.
Just to mention it again if you are not satisfied, talk to the Dealer General Mgr. and Air you views through NCS by phone and definitely by email as it is then in „Black & White“, do not keep quite on it as you have been relieved of a lot of money. Sorry but we have the earlier J11A model not the new J11B so cannot compare - All the Best Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
switchback

Post by switchback »

Have a look at this viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5677

Or rear axle for strange noises, a well known and recognised problem.

Loose roof rails.

Or..........................find a decent dealer.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

If they "returned car after 2 days with all but one of them fixed", which is the one noise left?
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
raefil

Post by raefil »

I had the dasboard rattle and a sensor issue. Both resolved very quickly at the dealer.
J11b 1.5dci NConeccta Vivid blue
beeker

Post by beeker »

Thanks everyone for your input. Does anyone know if the latest model are having these issues reported? I would consider buying the latest model if these have been ironed out.
Gel

Post by Gel »

As stated before these problems are by no means common in J11a models, but it's no reason to change up to the latest J11b variant. Find a different Nissan dealer to sort I'd suggest.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
duncho

Post by duncho »

Body design of J11E (first version) is the same as facelifted J11R with only difference of reinforcement in front area below the windscreen, which helps decreasing engine noise in the cabin.

Nissan didn't do much improvements learned on issues from J11E model. My car has metalic tapping noise in rear boot area and the car is made in 4/2014. I heard the same noise on car made in 2/2017.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!