FIRMWARE VERSION

ICE, Equipment, Options
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

3.8Gb.....and an hour to install, no wonder dealers deny all knowledge :shock: I really can't understand how they ended up with such a large piece of software that delivers such modest functionality!
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red

duncho

Post by duncho »

Dealers don't need to know anything, but conditions how to initiate and keep safely running the update process. The file is big as it is basicaly Linux based OS with automated all drivers installation.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
lapalmeraie
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by lapalmeraie »

Just that easy? Downloading the (unzipped I suppose) files to a USB stick. Starting the engine en plugging the USB stick in and it will run for about a hour? Tnx for sharing.
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS
duncho

Post by duncho »

Here is the guideline:

1. Save the ZIP file onto your desktop in a folder. Once the file has been saved into the folder, double click on it so that it can be extracted onto a blank FAT32 formatted USB stick and extract the file onto a blank USB stick.

2 For none IKey vehicles insert the key into the ignition barrel and turn clockwise to ignition "ON" mode. For IKey vehicles press the start/stop button once to enter "Ignition On" mode. Lower the drivers window to the down position. Press the hazard light switch to "ON" position and ensure the hazard lights are activated. Failure to do so can damage the Connect unit.

3. Insert the USB memory stick into the USB slot located in the centre console storage compartment or directly below LCN display, dependent on model and insert the USB Memory Stick.

4. Press and hold the "Setup" button and then turn the "Enter" button a half turn anticlockwise, then a half turn clockwise, then a half turn anticlockwise. The service menu will then appear. Release the "Setup"

5. Press the "Version" button on the screen. The 'Service Version' screen will appear.

6. Press the 'Update System Software' button. A message will appear stating 'Insert USB stick and press OK to start software download. Do not interrupt download by removal of USB drive or engine start.' Press 'OK'.

7. The 'Application' screen will now appear and will state 'Download Media Found'. Press the 'Update' button on the Nissan Connect screen.
The Nissan Connect screen will now go blank. This is normal the Nissan Connect unit is initialising the reprogramming process. DO NOT remove the USB memory stick or alter the ignition position.

8. After a 5 minute period, the screen will become active and a "Reading Medium" message will appear. The reprogramming files will begin copying from the USB stick to the unit. A time elapsed counter will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen (highlighted in red).
The reprogramming will take around 50 minutes to complete. Ensure the hazard light are still activated and ensure the battery charger/leveliser is still connect and ON.

9. After the reprogramming update has finished a message will appear stating "Please remove USB Stick. System is shutting down". Remove
the stick. The screen may remain on this screen for up to 5 minutes. This is normal DO NOT alter the ignition position.

10. The screen will then go blank and then reboot. When the rebooting process completes the Nissan logo will appear. The navigation usage guideline may also appear. Press the "Accept" button. The reprogramming operation is now complete. The hazard lights can now be switched off.

IMPORTANT: The physical reprogramming update of the Nissan Connect unit will take approximately 50 minutes. It is extremely important
to connect a battery to strong enough charger (min 10A/12V) to the vehicle battery or let the engine run during update process (ensure you have enough fuel). If the reprogramming procedure fails due to a flat battery, the unit will not be recoverable. It is important that the hazard lights are "ON" to prevent the power save feature activating on the Connect system.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Dan you said whilst installing, you were driving: was that with driver's window down & hazards on?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
duncho

Post by duncho »

No, if you decide to drive windows are closed and you only must avoid switching off the engine / ignition. It is not recommended to drive, I did it on my own risk.

lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

Tnx Dan!

@Gel: :lol: it's only the connect update no, not the entire BCM? Though I like the idea... :mrgreen:

duncho

Post by duncho »

Only Nissan Connect. BCM has to be updated by use of Nissan Consult III + software

lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

... as he was speaking about de windows and hazards. But now I've completely red the instructions I understand his remark better. :)
Quite hidden this menu and must be exciting when performing it for the first time I guess. Nobody wants to brick his Connect...
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Has anyone downloaded the zip file, does it contain release notes, change logs, etc?
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T