FIRMWARE VERSION

ICE, Equipment, Options
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

chrisw99 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:33 pm
duncho wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:18 pm There is no place to download, you need to pay your dealer to get your unit updated.
J11R has different unit than J11E, you must not use Dxx software on J11R car unit.
Eh? You posted the download link a few pages ago...
Apologies, was reading the forum on a crappy phone browser and it was only showing me the first line of the posts for some reason! So all I got was. That's enough for me to update it then - where is the best place to download?
There is no place to download, you need to pay your dealer to get your unit updated.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T

duncho

Post by duncho »

Only if Nissan issues Technical bulletin instructing dealers to do it under warranty and that happened only twice from 12/2013 (version C018) to 1/2018 (version D554). One such case was DAB issue in the UK.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
duncho

Post by duncho »

chrisw99 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:46 pm
chrisw99 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:33 pm
Eh? You posted the download link a few pages ago...
Apologies, was reading the forum on a crappy phone browser and it was only showing me the first line of the posts for some reason! So all I got was. That's enough for me to update it then - where is the best place to download?
There is no place to download, you need to pay your dealer to get your unit updated.
No problem, I hope you found answer on your question with DAB presets.

chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Well after 3 days I got a response from Nissan about the versions, and why Nissan Westway tell me at D302 I'm at the latest and D5.. are for specific European country fixes.. and I could probably have predicted what they were going to say.... Totally misunderstood my question:

Although it is a Nissan card the systems and updates are run through Navigation.com who would be best to advise you on the specific updates you have mentioned.

For the latest SD card update, I would recommend that you visit the link I have provided below, where you can find the newest update for your particular vehicle or contact them directly on 00800 18 23 53 22:

https://here.navigation.com/europe/
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Nissan leave me speechless sometimes. I replied to the above email saying did you read the question, I asked specifically about the Connect firmware versions D302, D502, D554 and what are the differences and what is the latest for the UK.

The reply to this one is..

The DAB radio firmware should update internally, but there may be newer versions of firmware that are unavailable to you due to the specific system in your Nissan Qashqai.

I have found some useful information which may help with regards to an internal update for the radio:

www.radio-now.co.uk/dab_radio_faqs.htm
duncho

Post by duncho »

I'm not surprised, most likely there are sitting apprentices or working students. Also, they have no access to technical details in extend you are asking, they only can fwd the email to Technical department, which is waste of time for them as they are most likely paid by number of closed tickets...

goodoane
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by goodoane »

This is what is on my LCN 1.Image
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Final response from NCS:

If your system is not up-to-date, it will ask you to update automatically. We cannot go with the online forums.

Connect firmware upgrade depends on the stereo system as well. We cannot comment on this matter.

Ideally a service technician from Nissan dealership can see the system and confirm for you.

I guess that's that then. When I speak to the service tech from my dealership they tell me D302 is the latest for the UK and the fixes in D502 and D554 are for other countries and would be a waste of time installing.

But as mentioned earlier, if it now cycles through the DAB presets then there are useful changes in this one.
g7jjf
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by g7jjf »

I have a Pulsar with the DAB issues and my dealer is refusing to upgrade the firmware from D302, which I have at the moment, to D502 or later citing Nissan themselves saying you can't upgrade from D3xxx to D5xxx.

I doubt this is true so does anyone know if the D554 firmware linked above is compatible with the Connect 3 unit in my Pulsar or do I need a vehicle specific version ?
duncho

Post by duncho »

Your dealer should return the license they got from Nissan. Visit other dealership or update on your own.