Evans Halshaw

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
B Ogbrush
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by B Ogbrush »

Visited my local Evans Halshaw (Mansfield Notts) Nissan Dealership to purchase a Qashqai and found a nice 2016 Tekna, drove and really liked the car and was willing to put a dealership deposit of £200 to hold the car until my finance was available only to be told that they will only hold the car for two weeks, even after I offered to up the deposit to £1000 to hold the car for no longer than four weeks the manager flatly refused to take my money or even come out of his office to talk to me, I think I'll take my £17000 elsewhere.
2023 Nissan Qashqai e-Power Tekna Ink Blue

[Gone 2016 Nissan Qashqai 1.6 Tekna Xtronic]
[Gone Mercedes S Class W220]
[Gone Range Rover Vogue]

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

That's the way to do it. Your money in your pocket.

Make sure you take a look at what you can get for your monies at motorpoint, they can have some really good deals. Just a quick link below for an idea

https://www.motorpoint.co.uk/vehicleadv ... ack/773719

This is a more general search
https://www.motorpoint.co.uk/used-cars/ ... de=pe100jz
B Ogbrush wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:59 pm Visited my local Evans Halshaw (Mansfield Notts) Nissan Dealership to purchase a Qashqai and found a nice 2016 Tekna, drove and really liked the car and was willing to put a dealership deposit of £200 to hold the car until my finance was available only to be told that they will only hold the car for two weeks, even after I offered to up the deposit to £1000 to hold the car for no longer than four weeks the manager flatly refused to take my money or even come out of his office to talk to me, I think I'll take my £17000 elsewhere.
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Maybe its because you did not take the finance with them....david
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

To be fair I would think that two weeks was reasonable, but its your prerogative to walk away if you're not happy with the terms on offer.
B Ogbrush

Post by B Ogbrush »

david sunderland wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:10 pm Maybe its because you did not take the finance with them....david
I did not want finance I had already arranged this, I was also advised to have all manner of other 'paid for' extras like extended warranty's wheel damage insurance ETC, ETC, ETC which I turned down, but at the end of the day they could have sold a car.

[Gone Range Rover Vogue]
B Ogbrush

Post by B Ogbrush »

gvmdaddy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:30 pm To be fair I would think that two weeks was reasonable, but its your prerogative to walk away if you're not happy with the terms on offer.
Two or four, they would have still made a sale, what's the difference? they would have had my £1000 deposit, I'm not doing to walk away from that.

[Gone Range Rover Vogue]
switchback

Post by switchback »

B Ogbrush wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:51 pm
gvmdaddy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:30 pm To be fair I would think that two weeks was reasonable, but its your prerogative to walk away if you're not happy with the terms on offer.
Two or four, they would have still made a sale, what's the difference? they would have had my £1000 deposit, I'm not doing to walk away from that.
Two weeks seems fair to me. It's just dead money sitting there unsold when they can probably sell it to someone else in the meantime and make use of the money.........................it's called running a business.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
paplane

Post by paplane »

I had a run in with them at EH Mansfield a few years back.

To cut a long story short I went to view a car they had on their website. I test drove it and agreed to buy it then and there on a debit card. It was £16k. After a short while the salesman came over and explained that the car was actually sold and so I couldn't have it! There was another car there, identical model and spec, very similar low milage, same perfect condition but priced £1000 more at £17k. I offered them the £16k (rember the car was identical) and they refused to sell at that price!!! I walked away in disgust.

Anyway, the next day I looked again on their website and the 2nd car was for sale for the £16k I offered them less than 24 hours earlier! Unbelievable!

I went to Motorpoint and got a decent QQ there.

If you're local to Mansfield I recommend you go to Bristol Street in Ilkeston. They've looked after my Motorpoint purchased qq brilliantly, sorting a few warranty issues out with a courtesy car always provided. Theyll even pick up the car from you for a service. Never had a crossed word and they're nice and friendly. Ive taken out a service plan with them which I think is great.

Post by 298 »

B Ogbrush wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:59 pm the manager flatly refused to take my money or even come out of his office to talk to me, I think I'll take my £17000 elsewhere.
Are you sure it's really your money?

We are heading for another financial crash, and this time it is due to the unsustainability of the car leasing market. Manufacturers are trying to build growth at the expense of the long term trickle down economics and value of what happens when a car goes to its second or third owner, and once it crashes at the top the knock on effect will be devastating.
2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium in Gunmetal Grey.
BrianMay

Post by BrianMay »

I've just purchased a 17 plate Qashqai from Evan Halshaw, Doncaster - traded against a 16 plate Skoda Yeti.

They were very good, but there again, I knew the finance would only take a week . . .