Emergency braking system fault

ICE, Equipment, Options
lf1986
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by lf1986 »

Hi :)
I own a 16 reg QQ, before this had a 13 reg QQ.
Has anyone had any problems regarding the emergency braking system and a system fault? This intermittently comes up on the dash, every week or so and disappears when the engine is turned off.
It went into the dealership today and was found to have a few old fault codes which were deleted. Test drive and another check and was no more codes registering.
Drive away, 8 miles down the road and the warning flashes up again :roll:
Call the dealership and it's now booked in for 2 days.....
Anyone else dealt with this problem?
Thanks.

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Not had a single problem with the emergency braking on my QQ .

I think someone said the dealer put a fault recording device on one car to capture the faults as they occurred over a time period. I wonder if this is available to most dealers, but they try to keep it quiet to stop everyone asking for it.
switchback

Post by switchback »

Does the fault happen in the same place on your journey? Mine seems to do it in a certain underpass..................
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
MartinA Nick
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by MartinA Nick »

I have the same issue with the emergency braking. The initial alarm (yellow indicator) sounds usually in the same spot on the same road with a clear road ahead. On some occasions it will apply the brakes automatically. This is very disconcerting. It happens on other roads as well completely random all very annoying.
The door open alarm often sounds when using the key fob to lock the doors even though all the doors are closed properly.
Noisy vibration on start up when the engine is cold although goes away after 5 minutes or so.
Car has been back to the garage 4 times but still no fix although they did cure the faulty stop/start system!
Maybe minor issues but should not happen on a brand new car
Car superb though
lf1986
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by lf1986 »

switchback wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:22 pm Does the fault happen in the same place on your journey? Mine seems to do it in a certain underpass..................
Not that I've noticed.....my main journeys in the week are to and from work. I'll keep an eye on it.

I do however park in a multi storey and going up the ramp every day, there is a beep because apparently the sensors are blocked (it's a round and round ramp car park!) :lol:

Wonder if that's causing issues??

I had to have the front end replaced after I hit a deer and all the sensors were reset then.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

This happened to me today. On our way to a Car Museum in Berlin the whole motorway was blocked and stuck in a jam for 1 Hour. On returning the AEB Light was „On“ and no „Speed Symbols“ were showing. Shut down and an hour later drove to our Dealer with no occurrence of the problem. I mentioned the problem and I was asked was there snow or ice this morning answer was NO and then the QQ was driven into the Service Dept, OBD plugged in for the error which showed an old error, battery checked all OK, partial front Grill removed, Radar System cleaned, re-assembled Body Panel in front of Radar cleaned and drove home. I was told if it re-appeared to return - Dave :)

74CC9048-4D27-4EE9-96CB-3867F7369B2C.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Dan1701

Post by Dan1701 »

I'm busy trying to cope with exactly the same issue, on a brand new 18-plate car. The dealership I bought it from have admitted that there's an issue and that the radar sender needs replacing, unfortunately they have had to order one in from Amsterdam!

To my mind, this indicates that there may have been a manufacturing fault in one batch of radar units, which has now been corrected but which necessitates the import of new, known-good units to replace the possibly-dodgy older stock.
QashqaiPete

Post by QashqaiPete »

Hello everyone.
I've just come back from a local drive going around 33 MPH the emergency braking system kicked in for no reason. No one in front of me, no car ,no animals, no pedestrians. Car suddenly slammed on brakes. I always pass by that road in the same speed. Behind me was a van that had to slam on his brakes! VERY scary. CLOSE CALL. He probably thought I was some kind of idiot braking for no reason!!!!
My 17 year old daughter was terrified cause it happened so suddenly with no reason. I immediately slammed on accelerator to overcome this braking but my reaction wasn't fast enough to avoid the sudden deceleration. No dash lights on only the red stop warning system light in the middle.
To cut a story short Dealer said to bring it in for a faulty radar. So going in on Friday.
How can this be happening to a brand new J11B 67 REG car is beyond me. SHOCKING.
I do hope they sort it out cause don't want that to happen ever again!!!!
I believe others have had a few similar issues. It's different reading about them and way more different living the situation!
2018 J11B Tekna 1.2 Dig T- Xtronic Gun Metallic ,Mud Flaps , Footwell lights , Bonnet Struts.
Dan1701

Post by Dan1701 »

The radar unit on my car was replaced, and has since been almost faultless. I have owned two Qashqais, a J11 A and now a J11 B.

The radar on the first one was located just below right of the driver's side headlamp, looking from the front at the car. The new unit has been placed directly behind the redesigned Nissan badge, higher up on the car. Since the previous radar unit was very, very susceptible to being blocked by snow in winter, the relocation was probably done for this reason. The new unit is also much more sensitive, presumably to game the EU safety ratings.

Obviously this upgrade in sensitivity was more then the radar unit could cope with.

Front radar units are right at the front of the car, and I would expect a steady need for replacement of the units due to crash damage. Therefore there should be a UK stock of them. The unit that was sourced to replace the radar unit on my car had to be shipped from Amsterdam; it wasn't from UK stocks. Therefore I think that the original units were faulty, and this replacement unit is a new design or variant. I also think that Nissan are trying desperately to avoid a full-on car recall notice, hence the very frantic levels of customer service I saw in the replacement of the unit.
QashqaiPete

Post by QashqaiPete »

Thanks for the info.
Hope new replacement sorts the problem.
Time will tell...
2018 J11B Tekna 1.2 Dig T- Xtronic Gun Metallic ,Mud Flaps , Footwell lights , Bonnet Struts.