Phone can’t dial out from voice button

ICE, Equipment, Options
Devilrex
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Devilrex »

Is there a translation for the German text above?
And is there a way she can be contacted to ask more.
I again spoke to my dealer today and said If this fix I am awaiting if a new head unit doesn’t fix it what will you do to resolve this issue their comment - ‘I don’t think there is anything we can do for you’ seriously they were amazing to help sell the car, I was sold handsfree but now I am not a spending customer my worth is less than that of beetle sh1t

Gel

Post by Gel »

I still have feature owning a J11a version; begs the question as to whether we could lose feature if they
do a s/ware update when car in for service?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Gel wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 am I still have feature owning a J11a version; begs the question as to whether we could lose feature if they
do a s/ware update when car in for service?
Good point Gel. I suppose if it did they could always do a rollback to the previous version?
Its worth asking when you take your car in for a service exactly what software is updated. Mine was done back in early Feb and it still works.
Devilrex

Post by Devilrex »

Here is the Translation to English for the snip Daveberlin has shared regarding the lady who has a fix to her xtrail faulty handsfree (no mention of a software update)

I drive the nissan x trail face lift and can connect my iphone with the car via bluetooth but if I want to use siri that is unfortunately not possible. in another forum was said that if I keep the handset button pressed for a few seconds, automatically connected to siri. It does not work ... no one could help me why it does not work for me .. maybe one of you has a tip

lg jessi
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sue, well done saved me a job 😁 I did start the translation just as a highlight but did not finish it on P6. Thanks Dave :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Galriad

Post by Galriad »

Devilrex wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:13 am Galriad we need to know what software update. Is there anyway we can find out.

I have heard a number of people getting software updates that fix this fault but I have also heard of one person having the dash pulled and something done behind to fix it too.
TBH I don’t know. It was in the thread. I see another xtrail owner asking for advice and a j11a owner having the function. Mines j11b registered in December but hasn’t been serviced yet. It’s in on Monday so we’ll see what happens.
Second QQ J11b 1.5 Tekna in Magnetic Red.
luxor

Post by luxor »

Hi our QQ is just over a week old . No hands free . Went back to dealer for software upgrade still not working like previous QQ 2015. But we have found a way round it by pressing the button for phone on main screen. Still listen to radio etc . When you press button on wheel for phone it comes up voice activation and as long as button down on steering wheel you can make a hands free call . I admit the beep before was so much easier. Why have Nissan removed a safety feature. Hope this helps some of you . Not ideal but what’s else can you do . I need this hands free
Devilrex

Post by Devilrex »

Pressing the button on the screen is not a handsfree method also to do so and run thought the list of contacts to find the right contact takes around 30 seconds or more and is pretty dangerous to do in traffic. I also need to lean out of my seat to get over to the screen.
It’s also something like myself can not do with presbyopia, I’d have to put reading glasses on but if I did that I could then see nothing past 1 meter without it being blurry. So it’s not possible to do fo me.

I find it amazing that my dealership and Nissan Australia continues to make out that each person is the only person with this issue yet I am reading more and more posts daily.
I am also amazed that Nissan Australia use the excuse that ‘the manual is only for international customers’ so you aussies don’t get it, yet you international customers are saying you don’t get it either. Maybe Nissan is telling international customers that their manual is only for aussies?
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sue, yesterday I wanted to use my iphone but "Siri" would not allow this as my iphone was locked, so I thought about Pressing Buttons but as soon as I looked at the Screen I could see that my concentration was more concerned with pushing Buttons than driving - did not even bother just Stopped.
Luxor, yesterday I looked at a Video with the Driver pressing Buttons for an Incoming Call, might be of interest - Dave :)

IMG_3474.jpg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Devilrex

Post by Devilrex »

I have raised this issue with a Facebook page trying to fight lemon laws for Australians.
It does not matter where you live in the world but if you can pop over to the link and tell mention if your dealer sold you the car and told you that it had handsfree and you could make and receive calls.
https://www.facebook.com/lemonlaws4aus/ ... 4627101067