Replacement battery following electrical faults

ICE, Equipment, Options
Mad Maru
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Mad Maru »

So after a series of issues with fault codes etc. Following a windscreen replacement. I finally got the car into the dealership (Motorline) to get a system diagnostic carried out. Well apparently my battery was below 25% charge and was throwing up error messages as a result.

Goodbye faulty battery and welcome new Nissan unit, the car already feels like new again enjoyed the drive back and the car felt smoother and much more responsive.

I’ll upload the fault codes later today in case anyone else is having similar issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

I would be interested to see the fault codes. I had to have a new battery following a stop/start system fault, then I had to have a new air intake temperature sensor fitted following failure of the speed limiter and cruise control. The car is back to the dealer on Wednesday as the engine malfunction light is glowing amber (again). I have no idea what the problem is this time, as everything seems to be working fine, and the car is running okay. So far everything has been done under warranty.

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
Billgo
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Billgo »

I have had the dreaded "Stop/Start System Failure" appear over the last two months, and have resorted to turning off the stop/start when I remember and have had no starting problems.
However, after being on holiday for a week the car failed to start and I had to have breakdown service jump start the car. Perfect starting since.
The breakdown service man told me that it is the alternator that restarts the car after the start/stop activates, which I was not aware of as I presumed that the starter motor did this.
He also said that a new alternator cost in the region of €1,600, so from now on my start/stop will be turned off.
The battery is possibly suspect at this stage, but it still shows 12.4 v before starting, and 14.4 v approx when charging.

2014 QQ 1.5 dci.
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
2019 QQ 1.3 Petrol. Manual
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

This weekend there was a recommendation here in the Press that Batteries especially those installed in a Stop / Start Vehicle should be exchanged by a Dealer due to all the additional electronic functions. I thought this attachment might be of interest - Dave :)

http://www.thepartsalliance.com/replaci ... -vehicles/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Mad Maru

Post by Mad Maru »

Nissan dealership told me that any battery warranty issues were now being replaced with genuine Nissan batteries now their plant was rebuilt and fully operational. Apparently a poorly battery can cause faulty codes.

Here are the codes generated prior to battery change:

IMG_1287.JPG

IMG_1288.JPG

IMG_1289.JPG

IMG_1290.JPG

IMG_1291.JPG

Mad Maru

Post by Mad Maru »

Also noted that the blank screen in the between the speedo & setting screen has gone after a system check & update (couldn’t find out exactly what else was done).

Met a chap at the dealership who’s wiring to rear brakes abs system had been eaten by foxes and it’s a common occurrence not covered by warranty and all due the the make up of the wiring loom having a component that foxes and other wildlife enjoy eating. Cost him £130

Deanr1

Post by Deanr1 »

I have a 2014 1.5 dci Tekna,
I’ve had the stop/start issue as have many. I’ve had the battery replaced at my own expense and the car worked fine for a week so I put it down to a faulty battery and had it replaced under the warranty of the battery, which lasted 2 days until I got the messages :- stop/start fault, chasis fault, system fault and a red engine management light displayed. I’ve had the alternator checked and the battery in idle and started and all seemed fine. If I had any hair I would tear it out :lol: , I hope someone on here could point me in the direction of what is wrong I’m not bothered about the cost I’m just sick of it now and need it sorting.
Billgo

Post by Billgo »

I refer to my post above. No problem starting the car for a week, but decided to be cautious and go to a battery supplier and get it checked. Car failed to start, engine would not turnover and dash lights were flickering, so had to call breakdown service again for a jump start. The car started immediately and was charging fine. I drove immediately to the battery supplier and had a new Varta battery fitted. It took about 10 minutes of driving before dash items recovered, i.e. digital speed readout, tyre pressures, fuel usage etc. So far all is well.
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
2019 QQ 1.3 Petrol. Manual
robaroo

Post by robaroo »

Just started getting the Stop Start System Fault today.....should i start with replacing battery?
H5ECC

Post by H5ECC »

Yes, mine started doing the same a few weeks ago. Bosch S5 Battery replacement and no fault now. The Fiamm battery doesn’t last long, mine started giving problems at about 3.5 years old, just outside warranty period.