Dual climate control problem

ICE, Equipment, Options
ihawk
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by ihawk »

Ok so this is weird. I’ve never had an issue before, but today I’ve had an issue with my air con. My drivers side is ice cold, but the passenger side is baking hot, I’ve tried everything on the dials, but nothing works on the passenger side, hot all the time.
I’ve checked the fuses, but they are good.
I’ve got a 2010 tekna and I’ve seen on another post here that it could be the nissan qashqai climate control switch.

I’ve also seen something about the actuator, but I’d rather not invest in loads of trial and error solutions.

Thanks

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Best to take it to a reputable garage.
Thrall

Post by Thrall »

Changing the pollen filter may require removing the actuator which is positioned by two screws. If heater is not set on Hi both sides before removal, the actuator will not have the cogs correctly aligned causing problems.
2013 J10 SE 1.6 dCi 6speed manual, 4wd.
ihawk
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by ihawk »

I can’t see it being the pollen filter, and I can confirm that it’s not the climate control switch as I changed this over yesterday. I’m thinking the actuator is the only other possibility
Thrall

Post by Thrall »

If you remove the actuator, then with the ignition on, on turning the temperature control you should see action. Just begin, and end on Hi before replacing, so the cogs line up correctly. Good luck.
2013 J10 SE 1.6 dCi 6speed manual, 4wd.
535d
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by 535d »

Just fixed mine, had pollen filter changed not long ago and they must have pulled out one of the wires while doing it.
Heaters on passenger side now go hot and cold.