Merc with i key theft caught on video

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

And so it goes on ! There are more and more „Tricks“ being made available for the villians to steal cars and all seem to be available over the Internet - Amazon, eBay etc..... - be warned Dave :o

https://dailym.ai/2HiXvr4
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

This might be getting boring but at least these sort of facts keep the problem in the fore front and keeps owners aware of today’s risks - Dave :)

https://dailym.ai/2FkWkS4
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

From what I have read recently, the hack is to disrupt the locking signal getting to the car after the owner has pressed the lock button, not so much cloning the signal. So the owner walks away leaving the car unlocked and invalidating their insurance.

Solution for this scenario is to ensure your car is always locked. With my QQ the mirrors fold on locking, so thats a great indicator.
DaveBerlin wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:09 am Daewar, Great idea if it works but this might only solve the problem of copying the keys when laying around at home and I am not going to carry a cupboard around on my back for car park use. :lol:
The other method of stealing cars is when parking in a car park and that is why the Fob / Wallet is also useful, lock the car and immediately stuff the key in the protected compartment of the Fob / Wallet.
This System of Car Park stealing has been widely reported on TV and in the Car Mags. At the end of the day the decision has to come from the car owner, protect for a minimal outlay or not. Our decision has been made and it works - Thanks for your comment Dave :)
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Deleted User 3871

There are a lot of references to 2016 - 17 etc. So what have the manufacturers done to fix these old cars that have security flaws? Are they being fixed? I would make a guess the answer is no.

This should be another deiselgate.
Gel wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:11 am Another update:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -risk.html
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Here we go again Keep this Problem in your mind. Gone in 23 SECONDS! Moment thieves use hi-tech relay device to steal BMW on owner's driveway by scanning car key fob through the front door - Dave :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... veway.html
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

There are more than a dozen security flaws with BMWs apparently, according to the BBC today...
BMW cars found to contain more than a dozen flaws
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44224794
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sandgrounder, I also read this article and to me it is amazing what this Co. found and how fast the Chinese are getting into the game now and BMW are now working with China’s Biggest Technology Co. Tencent to solve their problem - Dave :)
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

Another article on the Mail’s website:
The four gadgets you need to protect your car: Motorists flock to buy them to guard against a new wave of thefts and scams
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/a ... scams.html

06FEDAC9-E71B-4950-BA45-D45E8A13D398.jpeg

Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
Deleted User 3871

I was talking to the RAC guy today who was replacing the faulty FIAMM battery. I got chatting about Mercedes / BMW cars getting stolen, he tells me there is an update that turns the Mercedes key off after the car is locked. To re-enable the key the user has to double click a button. Looks like someone is learning, I doubt Nissan will do anything like this.