stop start system fault

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
eytch

Post by eytch »

I've got 360 DCi . Just replaced with a new stop start technology battery but still getting the system fault.
Any idea?
Thanks.

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Did you get the computer recoded so it knows u have a new battery? This is essential.
eytch wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 1:05 pm I've got 360 DCi . Just replaced with a new stop start technology battery but still getting the system fault.
Any idea?
Thanks.
eytch

Post by eytch »

No. How do I that? I bought the battery from kwikfit and they didn’t know anything about the system failure. They said it must be electrical issue
Deleted User 3871

eytch, Use the forum search, there is lots of info about this.
eytch wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:23 pm No. How do I that? I bought the battery from kwikfit and they didn’t know anything about the system failure. They said it must be electrical issue
eytch

Post by eytch »

Daewar wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:26 pm eytch, Use the forum search, there is lots of info about this.
I did but mostly battery issue nothing like the ecu.
Thanks
Deleted User 3871

take a look at this
http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=86665

The part that is important for you is this quote

"Registering the new battery

Regardless of whether you upgrade your battery for a higher capacity one or do a like-for-like swap, you do have to tell the ECU that you have put a new battery in. The reason for this is because our cars have IBS (Intelligent Battery Sensor). Not only does IBS monitor how much charge there is in the battery, but also charges the battery differently as it ages. The older the battery gets, the more IBS will charge it to keep it topped up. Replacing the battery for a new one and not telling IBS is new could potentially result in overcharging of the new battery and shortening its life expectancy."

this can be an additional fee, but should have been done by the battery installer.
eytch

Post by eytch »

Thank you Daewar
eytch

Post by eytch »

Just an update.
Unfortunately, KWIK FIT branch in southampton doesn't reset ECU they just replaced it with ECM battery instead of AGM (is this alright?) just like a normal battery without resetting the ECU. I rang a different KWIK FIT branch and they said they do reset ECU for start and stop battery. Can I just return the battery or go to other branch and reset my ECU?
Thanks.
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

eytch wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:32 am Just an update.
Unfortunately, KWIK FIT branch in southampton doesn't reset ECU they just replaced it with ECM battery instead of AGM (is this alright?) just like a normal battery without resetting the ECU. I rang a different KWIK FIT branch and they said they do reset ECU for start and stop battery. Can I just return the battery or go to other branch and reset my ECU?
Thanks.
I would suspect that if you rock up to the second Kwik Fit place with your receipt they'll do it for you
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
eytch

Post by eytch »

I'll try that. Thanks MikeGC