Bleep. Ding etc Explaine. Please guys

ICE, Equipment, Options
paplane

Post by paplane »

gloucester wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:20 am The question remains - why don't you have a manual? - surely that's a key document that you absolutely need!
Agree, I think to get the best out of the technology of the QQ you need to read the manual.

As the cars get older however, people who purchase used QQ's might not be in possession of one. And, as the ownership profile for the cars change, responses to posts on this forum will likely change from 'I'd go back to your dealer and have them look at it' type responses, to a more practical 'why don't you try this' type responses.

I used to own a mk1 Audi TT - there's a wealth of knowledge on the TT forum and a real sense of community from people who really do love their cars.

switchback

Post by switchback »

paplane wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 10:32 am

While we're at it, I also find it to be quite rude when new or infrequent posters, upon asking a civil question, are met me with a 'use the search button before posting' retort. If anything is going to put people off posting in the future, it's responses like that.

But why are people so lazy that they can't be bothered to do a search and expect someone else to use their own time and do for them and then hand them the answer on a plate? Someone was asking about where to get a cheap rubber boot mat...................Well do a Google search or look on Amazon/Ebay like everyone else does :x .
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
paplane

Post by paplane »

switchback wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:01 pm

While we're at it, I also find it to be quite rude when new or infrequent posters, upon asking a civil question, are met me with a 'use the search button before posting' retort. If anything is going to put people off posting in the future, it's responses like that.

But why are people so lazy that they can't be bothered to do a search and expect someone else to use their own time and do for them and then hand them the answer on a plate?
Because they assume that on an owner's forum there are people out there who actually enjoy contributing and assisting people with whom they have a common interest??????

Hand them the answer on a plate??? Is getting the best out of your car a competition??
switchback

Post by switchback »

paplane wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:17 pm

But why are people so lazy that they can't be bothered to do a search and expect someone else to use their own time and do for them and then hand them the answer on a plate?
Because they assume that on an owner's forum there are people out there who actually enjoy contributing and assisting people with whom they have a common interest??????

Hand them the answer on a plate??? Is getting the best out of your car a competition??
I can understand it for a technical question............................. But where to go shopping????????????????????? I'm sure most of the regular contributors like helping fellow owners but it does get a bit tedious seeing the same questions over and over again when the answer is available with just a small amount of effort. It's not just this forum, I see on several, questions like "Where's the cheapest place to buy a *******", someone else then does a Google search and gives them the answer...........................pure lazyness in my opinion.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
m.scott
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by m.scott »

Hello DEN123.
The alarm that sounds the most while I am driving is when I cross a white line without indicating. This activates when I think is over 35 MPH. There should be a flashing light when it alarms, of a car with a dotted line each side of the car, it can be disabled. This must be for driving on the continent, we were on a coach trip in Spain and while on a motorway the coach driver indicated to pull out, overtake a wagon and then pulled back into the inside lane without indicating. The next thing we knew a police motorcyclist pulled the coach over and gave the driver an on the spot fine for not using his indicator when changing lanes on a motorway. Suppose it also helps if you fall asleep whilst driving
It will also alarm if you are too close to another car or any object. Also if you are travelling too fast and the car in front brakes and you are too slow to react then it will alarm at first, if you still do nothing then it will brake for you. All these has flashing lights on the dash while alarming. Sorry I cannot be more helpful.
combiman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by combiman »

paplane wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:17 pm

I agree wholeheartedly switchback , we are all here because we have a common interest ie a QQ, why is it always assumed that we have an Owners Handbook? Your comments are spot on, if new users are constantly told “look in the handbook “ it would definitely put them off from posting in the future, best regards and happy motoring, Combiman 👍