OEM audio system upgrade

ICE, Equipment, Options
Mad Maru
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Mad Maru »

Very impressive work, I’ve been thinking about upgrading my system just not sure how far I want or need to go. Wanting to avoid removing panels so soon into ownership has delayed any steps forward but your post has given me food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldhaap

Post by oldhaap »

Hi there! did you keep a note of the original speaker wire colours and polarity, if so can you supply them please?
Territorial_

Post by Territorial_ »

Do you have any info about orginal crossover filter?
I'm planning to fit new front speakers, only issue is that i don't know where should i take signal for crossover filter.
It makes sense to find find right pairs of wires behind headunit but that's just more work. It would be more convenient to find original filter and replace it with new one. Where did you take signal?
duncho

Post by duncho »

Original “crossover filter” is just a bipolar capacitor soldered to OEM tweeter.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Territorial_

Post by Territorial_ »

So original system should have pure signal from head unit all away to the speaker and tweeter?
i assume that wire cross section is buried somewhere under the dash? Would it be best to cut wires from original cross section and hook up new filter there

Here's my suggestions about OEM wiring. If somebody has first hand information please confirm which one of these is closer to OEM

Original setup, wires routed through door speaker to tweeter
[DASH-------------------------] [ ------DOOR--------]
Head unit------------>>------------Door speaker
Tweeter with capacitor------<<--/

Original setup, wire cross section under dash
[DASH---------------------------------------------------------------------------------] [ ------DOOR--------]
Head unit->>-Cross section===>>===Tweeter with capacitor>-----------Door speaker