Should I be concerned?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
RVW

Post by RVW »

Just had my Tekna in for some warranty work.
New roof bar end caps replaced. No problem.
New Nissan battery fitted after complaining stop/start not working properly.
This is the bit I am slightly concerned about.
I had to take the car in the day before so they could do a cold start to check a clutch judder on moving off. This only happens when cold and only a couple of times. Once car is warm it disappears.

On picking the car up they are telling me YES there is a judder and they will need to drop the gearbox to check the FLYWHEEL as they suspect it is faulty.

My concern is two fold, if they find no fault are they going to try and charge me for the work involved?

Secondly if they find a faulty flywheel I asked will they also change the clutch as this would be good practice. Their reply was probably not! as Nissan would not pay for a non faulty part?

At the moment I have the feeling I am possibly going to be shafted๐Ÿง

Mileage 21000
J11-2016 QashQai Tekna 1.5dci Magnetic Red

Tamtoot
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013โ€“2017)

Post by Tamtoot »

Morning RVW,

Have a look at this:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3459&p=34100&hilit ... tch#p34100

Cheers
RVW

Post by RVW »

Tamtoot wrote: โ†‘Thu May 31, 2018 6:44 am Morning RVW,

Have a look at this:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3459&p=34100&hilit ... tch#p34100

Cheers
Morning.
Thanks for that, It is Nissan saying they should remove the box so hopefully there is some light at the end of the tunnel.
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

Hi RVW,
I was in that thread, my 1.5 dci Tekna QQ had in total 4 Clutches and flywheels (Dual Mass Flywheels) in 30000 miles, was the worst car Iโ€™ve ever owned. Always had a new car every 3-4 years and with usually 30000 miles on and never once had a clutch issue. I drive a company vehicle also and do around 40-50000 miles a year in that no issues. On the 4th clutch and flywheel went out with a technician from Nissan dealer, he had only just started for them as he had worked for a Renault dealer for 20+ years and he was telling me it was a really common issue with the 1.5dci engine and gearbox set up, (The 1.5dci is a Renault engine) been like it for years and in his opinion the clutch and flywheel set up wasnโ€™t strong/robust enough for this set up! With that I got the work done again under warranty and got rid of the car! If I was you I would seriously consider getting rid! O and they usually replace the clutch, flywheel and thrust bearing/slave cylinder at the same time! Hop this helps!
RVW

Post by RVW »

Just an update. Picked the car up from Nissan in Norwich after a couple of days wondering wether or not I would receive a bill.
In the end need not of worried. Nissan said the flywheel was out by 3mm so out of spec it had also damaged the clutch so all changed FREE under warranty๐Ÿ™‚ We shall now see how long this lasts.
Must thank Desiira Nissan of Norwich they were efficient and very helpfull. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Great result

RVW wrote: โ†‘Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:09 pm Just an update. Picked the car up from Nissan in Norwich after a couple of days wondering wether or not I would receive a bill.
In the end need not of worried. Nissan said the flywheel was out by 3mm so out of spec it had also damaged the clutch so all changed FREE under warranty๐Ÿ™‚ We shall now see how long this lasts.
Must thank Desiira Nissan of Norwich they were efficient and very helpfull. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘