Automatic Qashqai no longer available to purchase !?

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
dalinn
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by dalinn »

I've owned a Qashqai 1.2 Tekna Auto since 2015.

I've come to the end of the PCP and, as I've been perfectly happy with car, I wanted to order a new 1.2 Tekna as a replacement.
I therefore placed an order with my local main dealer and paid a deposit in June.

However the deposit has now been returned with the explanation that Nissan are no longer making the 1.2 automatic petrol engine as they are replacing it with a new 1.3 engine. The dealer could give no idea of when this new version will be on sale - they said it may be months yet or even sometime next year.

Does anybody have any idea of when, or even if, this new version will ever be available?

DD41

Post by DD41 »

That's sad news I love my Tekna cvt :(
19 plate X Trail 1.3 DIG-T DCT Tekna Gun metal grey + led kick plates + footwell lights + Chrome lower boot finsher
16plate 1.2 DigtT cvt Tekna ink blue pan roof chome pack/ protection pack / chrome sill protectors / Nissan mud flaps/Spare wheel
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

This has recently been discussed on the forum.
DaveBerlin wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:06 am I have mentioned before that we were interested in the new QQ J11B but we had some reservations.
These being 1. Hands Free Telephoning Missing (Hot Subject) 2. Awaiting the ProPILOT in Germany (not a must) 3. Ours is a 1,2L Petrol Manual which is now deemed “Very Dirty” 4. We wanted a 1,6L with CVT but was not available.

From what I have now understood the 1,2L has been stopped and the newly developed 1,3L DIG-T developed by Renault / Nissan / Mercedes with a Particle Filter will now be available with 103kW (140PS) and 118kW (160PS). There will be no 1,6L engine available.

Regarding Diesels there will now only be a 1,5dCi 85kW (115PS) and later a 1,75dCi & All-Mode 4x4i with a 110kW (150PS). Both Petrol & Diesels will meet the new Euro 6d Temp Specifications / WLTP for 1st Sept 18.

It appears the CVT Auto has also been dropped and the DCT Double Clutch Gearbox will now be available and also the 6 Speed Manual Box.

I had previously posted on this Engine / Gearbox subject : https://group.renault.com/en/news/blog- ... d-daimler/

More to follow on the Electronics 😁 Hope this is of interest - Dave :)
DaveBerlin wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:43 am It does appear that what I stated is coming. I asked a Dealer this week that I was interested in buying a new QQ (J11B) and was offered one that was in the Showroom or Parking Lot. When I mentioned I wanted the updated model it got confusing. I said I did not want one without “Hands Free” which was not understood at first (got a bit heated), but in the end it was agreed it was not there but Bluetooth was on the existing but on the updated model will have voice recognition.
When I mentioned I was interested in ordering a new 1,3 engine (140 or 160 Ps) with a new Renault DCT Double Clutch Gearbox eyes were raised, but then the discussion opened up and they were aware I knew the facts. I then asked for the Specs or a Brochure and a Test Drive, but both were not available at present. I was told we could sit together on a PC and put a Spec together and make an order with a Delivery for December. So it appears there is an option to order without having the Spec in your hand or actually Test Driving one - Dave :)
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

It will be after August at the earliest, with long delivery times expected.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

It does seem really strange that Nissan didn't react earlier to the September deadline.

My local dealer has LOADS of pre-reg cars available (all manuals) - presumably registered since they have to - at up to nearly £5000 discount.

Seems like Micras and XTrails are similarly affected - £10k off a XTrail and this huge discount for a Micra:

NISSAN MICRA Acenta 1.5 DCi
Pre-registered vehicle
Delivery miles only
List Price £16,845
WESSEX GARAGES PRICE £11,995
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dalin, it looks like Gloucester has posted my recent facts. I also posted a comment last week that I had enquired about naturally now a 1,3L with the Renault DCT Auto Gearbox in a Tekna Spec with a quoted delivery of Dec 18.
The new engine if you have read the facts has two Specs 140 & 160PS and the Gearbox is also supposed to be good with a Sport Mode.
Gvmdaddy, from the information I have planned Deliveries are : 1,3L Man - Oct 18 / 1,3L DCT - Dec 18 / 1,5L DCi M - Aug / 1,5L DCi DCT - Jan 19 / 1,75L DCi M - Jan 19. As I mentioned orders are being taken with the lead times as stated or longer depending on volumes.
Gloucester, it does not only appear that Nissan have missed the boat, I was at Kia last week looking at a Niro Spirit SUV Hybrid and the delivery quoted was 4 months. It does appear that the manufacturers have been very relaxed on this Sept 1 Law and now it is beginning to hit as you said with lots of old models at discount prices. But who wants to buy non conforming vehicles with all these future restrictions - Diesel and now Petrol. This is a major problem as it affects virtually all models - Dave 🤨
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
dalinn

Post by dalinn »

Thank you all for your replies to my query.

Does anybody know if this will be the first time that Nissan have used this 1.3 litre engine and the DCT gearbox in their range of vehicles?
Being over 70 I'm a bit cautious when it comes to being an unpaid tester of new technology!!
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

More info
https://www.iol.co.za/motoring/industry ... e-12312800

... and Renault's info:

https://group.renault.com/en/news/blog- ... d-daimler/

Technical information on the 1.3 TCe engine:

- 4 cylinders
- 1,330 cm3 capacity
- 3 power levels available: 115, 140 and 160 hp
- power/capacity ratio of up to 123 hp/liter
- maximum torque of 270 Nm
- Bore Spray Coating technology, making its debut on a mass-produced engine
- an original, triangular and compact cylinder head
- injection pressure boosted to 250 bar
- turbocharger equipped with a motor-driven recirculating safety valve

https://media.group.renault.com/global/ ... me-renault
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dalinn, this new motor is a new Developement between Renault Nissan Mercedes due to the emission problems and built to meet the new Regulations from the 1st Sept. so there basically will be no real life information around. As you can see there is a vast difference in power from the present 115PS against the new options of 140 & 160PS being offered from Nissan.

The Renault Gearbox is referred to as a DCT or EDC Auto and has been around for some time although not used by Nissan as they went with their CVT Gearbox which you obviously have. There have been problems with this Gearbox in the QQ but bigger ones in the US as they then offered a 10 year Guarantee on this, built by Jatco a Nissan Co.

I am in the same boat as you looking for a new one and I am just putting some Specs together to get a quotation - Regards Dave 😊
I would think you must be pretty satisfied with all this Forum feedback and I hope it all works for you.
If you have time try playing with the “Search” Area as there is most likely more information there 😉

Here are a couple of old posts on the subject and there could be some attachment repeats :

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6638&hilit=Mercedes+renault+Engine

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6685&p=57075&hilit ... ine#p57068
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gloucester, ref your comment about Nissan not reacting sooner to the Sept deadline.
I was reading Automobile & Sport Mag today and this Sept 1 date is affecting most manufacturers. The reason given was that the agreement for the Particle Filters was not finally agreed upon until July 2017 which left only just over the year to Develope, Design, Manufacture , Homologate etc where normally this type of effort would take 3 years. Basically not an excuse because everybody knew it was coming but guaranteed just laid back and waited - Dave :)