wobbling on acceleration

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

GL
StuartSpanners wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:20 pm Yep ... done that, no problems, just about to fit driveshafts this week, but if that does not cure it it's going straight in the Auctions, end of !

Woody1302
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Woody1302 »

Hi Stuart, did the driveshafts fix the issue.

Got the same problem, I have changed the NS shaft and it's made massive improvements but not solved it

Changing the wheels tomoorrow
Woody1302

Post by Woody1302 »

Hi all, I have managed to fix the issue, it was the OS driveshaft bearing. I had already reduced the vibration considerably by changing the NS Drive shaft. Changing the OS shaft has now got rid of al issues .

Not sure which shaft caused the issues, but I am disappointed with shaft quality if I have had to change them after 60k
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Hi Woody

I'm sure I can speak for the whole forum, that we appreciate you feeding back your experience in fixing this issue, so that others may learn and benefit your misfortune.
Woody1302 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:07 pm Hi all, I have managed to fix the issue, it was the OS driveshaft bearing. I had already reduced the vibration considerably by changing the NS Drive shaft. Changing the OS shaft has now got rid of al issues .

Not sure which shaft caused the issues, but I am disappointed with shaft quality if I have had to change them after 60k
StuartSpanners

Post by StuartSpanners »

Thank's Woody, and just as I was about to give up ....... just changed the O/S shaft and to be honest, exactly the same ! .....it is at this point i was just thinking, had this vehicle in workshop on and off ramp since March .....have spent somewhere in the region of £500.00 on loads of parts, tyres, discs, pads etc: and that does not take into account my time ....the N/S driveshaft i haven't changed, as it looks pretty new with clean sticker / part number clearly visible and shiny shaft paint. Just today I phoned one of those online car buying companies, one of the better ones, and they offered around the £3,700 mark ......which for a late 2010 60 plate facelift with 85,000 miles and full complete history is abysmal really , considering I paid £4,800 trade for it back in early March !
So ...... do i bite the bullet and accept and loose over £1,600 not including my time ? ....or do i spend even more money and buy another driveshaft ? because so far it's had : All 4 x Alloys balanced ...... 4 x replacement tyres .... Laser 4 x wheel alignment ....... New Discs & Pads ......2 x bottom wishbones, 2 x Engine Mounts top and bottom ......rear gearbox support ......O/S Driveshaft ..... and it drives smooth as silk, until you get to 40mph, then it shimmies ......upwards of 50mph 60, 70, and all is smooth again. :o
StuartSpanners

Post by StuartSpanners »

I'm almost 100% sure the nearside shaft was replaced just before i purchased it .......but here go's ......last flip of the coin so to speak !
StuartSpanners

Post by StuartSpanners »

To all other members here's a "Trade" supplier of some of the best price reconditioned driveshafts you will find anywhere, he's on Ebay now but been doing it years, check out this price for Nearside (Passenger) 2010 1.6 Facelift J10 complete D/Shaft..... just type in item no: 192601214495 ......this is only for the part, he does not do fitting, so this for the mechanic or DIY'ers amongst you ....but I haven't found a cheaper supplier and I buy alot of parts, and No .... it's not going to be a Main Agent Genuine Nissan part for that money, this for the trade fitter and those that simply want to get out of trouble or do not have funds for expensive Nissan Parts on their older Qashqai, comes with a 12mth warranty and "Free"delivery too ........ This is just a suggestion and the decision to purchase and fit is entirely yours.
StuartSpanners

Post by StuartSpanners »

Just as an aside ......and I'm assuming this based on many years knowledge, the 1.6 "Petrol" Qashqai ( late 2010 J10 facelift ) is a Solid mass flywheel and "Not" a Dual mass as in most modern "Diesels" including the DCi Qashqai ....am I correct ?
StuartSpanners

Post by StuartSpanners »

Sometimes fate steps in and ruins things doesn't it ? ....... I've fixed it, it's great. it's smooth. it's how a Qashqai should be ...... How? a no brainer you would think, came to me with all sorts of parts already fitted, including a nice new reconditioned N/Side driveshaft , Disc's, Pad's, Wishbones, Engine mounts ..blah blah blah ...... you name it, it had had it ....still it wobbled, not dual mass as this had a solid one, you can see all the things we did to rectify it on this and other forum's, still it wobbled ...... I was about to put it in an auction last week as we had exhausted all our options after 5 months on and off, when just by pure chance, on a page of Ebay that was the wrong area for said part, i came across a guy who was selling fully reconditioned driveshafts for a ridiculous cheap price, turns out that's all he does, small operation that keeps prices super low, and I mean super low ! ....No, not a Nissan genuine part, and probably made in China or similar .....he changes all the cheap ball bearings in them, refurb's any other bits that are not quite up to standard, and sells them on with a 12mth guarantee ....... the only part i hadn't changed was the nearside driveshaft, Why? because it was already shiny new with clear part number stickers, smart green paint to shaft, new bracket etc: and the previous owner had already had it changed on sound advice, but to no avail, still the problem persisted, so more parts were bolted on etc etc: finally gave up and i acquired it......

Just because I'm stubborn and wanted to be 100% sure everything was fitted by me, I ordered a N/S shaft just for the hell of it, and because at these prices I couldn't not justify it, and guess what ? ... it cured it .....the nice shiny new reconditioned shaft originally fitted, unbeknown to the fitter or the customer, or me for that matter, was faulty itself !!!! a duff part that although fresh out of the box was one of those in a hundred that is not as it seems, who could have known ? had I have known i would have changed it months and months ago ..... but that shiny looking part so obviously fitted already by the previous owner, and having done no miles as such, was fooling us all, all along ! ........That's life I suppose, thank goodness i bought another even though i thought i was wasting my time, saved me a fortune on what I would have lost had i put it in public Auction or "We buy any car" I won't make anything on it, but I certainly won't be losing the money i would have. :mrgreen:
StuartSpanners

Post by StuartSpanners »

Petrol J10 or J10 facelift Qashqai wobbling on acceleration or at certain speeds ? after the usual Tyre Balance, tracking, swapping around etc: change the driveshafts one at a time .......it may just pay off and save all the frustration I experienced..... good luck to all.