New Qashqai nt connect

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Nedmcg
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Nedmcg »

Having just joined this forum I felt I had to post

I just received new Qashqai connect on Mon and sadly disappointed and thinking of returning this being the third Qashqai owned I love the new style and layout very comfortable drive however as in safety it fails me with regards to hands free system and navigation I purchased new iPhone 8 which arrived day after I received new car all excited and couldn’t wait to set up only to find car play don’t work with it have to use a Nissan app which only works when plugged into phone and only gives apps like twitter and Facebook etc the call button on steering does not work so having to take hands off steering to scroll through list of contacts thus eyes off the road it don’t work like a hands free if volume on phone low then voice in car is low not like the old system at all ,secondly sat nav maps are 2016 two years out of date
Not as car is advertised it’s very disappointing and a major let down. It is very outdated when older versions had better systems in terms of hands free.
Third thing was new keyless entry save you searching for keys you can enter car start car ext if you have keys in pocket or bag etc but have to use them when you exit car to lock it defeats the purpose best to take keys out pocket bag etc and throw in center consul so ready for exiting car to lock it .
So I think the nt in the model means not connect sadly.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Motto...dont buy something without first checking it out to see if it fits your needs and expectations. Sorry if this comes across as rude.
trout

Post by trout »

This will keep you busy, but a good read.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6067
S.
Nedmcg

Post by Nedmcg »

Ty gmvdaddy yes did sound a bit rude but got your meaning next time I pick a car I will go into showroom and pair my phone with display models and make a call to make sure it functions to my requirements and try out the keyless entry also found defeats purpose of not needing a key to enter or start car but need the key to lock it I basically followed salesman’s advice and what was advertised by Nissan and having had two previous older models didn’t expect Nissan to go back to Stone Age having only done 60 miles on new car I have been told I can return it . All said and done was a really nice upgrade towards driving pity it failed everywhere else .
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

If I have understood you properly...

1. Apple Car Play

Nowhere does Nissan advertise or suggest that the car has Apple Car Play, so you can't accuse them on that particular point of being "not as advertised" on that front.

In the wider respect of operation of the phone otherwise, please advise exactly which statement in Nissan's advertising you're complaining about. I've checked through and admittedly sometimes it's a matter of interpretation but in no cases have I found something that's actually wrong. The only mention of phone operation in the brochure appears to be:

"YOUR WORLDS.
With NissanConnect EVO, New QASHQAI becomes your smartphone’s
best friend. Featuring new, more intuitive graphics, you can access
your music, driving eco score, Facebook newsfeed and TripAdvisor
tips. The basic app package is free for the first three years and the
NissanConnect EVO system will also keep you in the loop with
Bluetooth hands-free calling, audio streaming, digital radio (DAB+)
and an iPod/USB input.
"

The main gripe appears to be the definition of "hands-free calling" which people interpret differently. To me "hands-free" means not actually HOLDING the phone but other people define it as not touching the display as well. To my mine that's stretching the definition beyond its intentions.

2. Keyless entry'n'go

Have you read the manual? Leaving the car all you have to do to lock it is press any of the three lock buttons - one on each front door handle and one on the hatch. That's the means of operating on the J11a and no one has reported anything differently on the J11b
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Remember official advice is not to use a phone in the car at all!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

It doesn't help that Nissan's compatibility guidance is so out of date!

https://www.nissan.co.uk/ownership/niss ... ility.html
Nedmcg

Post by Nedmcg »

Well firstly to correct your statements in Nissan website it states iPhone 8 etc is compatible with Nissan if you check nissans list of compatible phones secondly like many forums before mine have all stated the false information by salesman Nissan and handbook in reference to hand free excuse been it’s a international handbook and may differ in UK I have called them in ref to this why put a button on steering wheel to select call if it don’t work for android or Apple as for car locking the buttons on doors and boot is for opening car not locking also admitted by Nissan dealers in most modern cars nowadays hands free is hands free no need to take phone from pocket or bag nissans new policy to get apps etc is plug in via usb using their connect app free for two hrs then you have to subscribe defeats idea of blue tooth talk button on steering wheel non functional for its purpose and having drivers having to let go steering wheel to touch and scroll main screen yes it’s very hands free it would seem, satnav maps two years out of date you can buy a tom Tom for £100 with free lifetime updates Nissan brings map update out every August with maps already 2 yrs out of date and charge £120 for the privlage you wont see that advertised and excuse my ignorance of not understanding the call button on steering wheel is for decoration purposes and not for making a call
Nedmcg

Post by Nedmcg »

"YOUR WORLDS.
With NissanConnect EVO, New QASHQAI becomes your smartphone’s
best friend. Featuring new, more intuitive graphics, you can access
your music, driving eco score, Facebook newsfeed and TripAdvisor
tips. The basic app package is free for the first three years and the
NissanConnect EVO system will also keep you in the loop with
Bluetooth hands-free calling, audio streaming, digital radio (DAB+)
and an iPod/USB input."

As you quoted above again I will point out false advertising on your behalf
Only apps allowed are Facebook ,twitter,Eurosport ,and trip adviser,through Nissan connect app via usb registered through your cars vin number and only free for two yrs not three as stated yes great graphics there lol
You can’t stream music through via Bluetooth in new Qashqai unlike many cheaper models of other brands the leader being ford who allow reading out of texts etc true hands free systems
The Bluetooth function in new model only allows you call receive ignore and contact list via screen therefore having to keep touching screen is same as phone in hand in my book the buttons on steering wheel allow you to end call the make call bottom with voice command button only brings up phone menu on screen unlike its older models and has to be the worst hands free system to date in any car .many thousands have reported this failure if you take time to read other forums and as reported Nissan and car salesman have quoted Nissan said they are working on it and may need a firmware update which is unlikely .
Michel81

Post by Michel81 »

Regarding locking the car with the buttons on the door, in Finland the buttons on door handles and on the boot both unlock and lock the doors.
2015/2017 J10 Qashqai Connecta 360 black 1.2
03-2017/08-2018 J11 Qashqai Connecta Gun metal grey, designpack 10 year anniversary model. 1.2
08-2018 J11b Qashqai Tekna, design pack, led head lights, chestnut bronze, 1.2 Xtronic
Finland based