introduction

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
northernbeat
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by northernbeat »

hi all

Joined the forum a while ago and find it very interesting but this is my first post. Have owned a 66 plate qashqai for a year now. Didn't know it was an ex- rental at the time of purchase. Buyer beware!! So far I've had the battery replaced (just packed up one morning and was replaced by RAC ) and also three new wheels. The wheels on the car when I bought it turned out to be refurbished and although they looked good at that time they deteriorated very quickly. Replaced under warranty. Otherwise the car has performed reasonably well except for some minor issues that I hope to get sorted under warranty. Had to replace the two front tyres at 18000 and Nissan dealer fitted Nexen N Fera SU1.

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome - I also had an ex-Hertz car but I believe it was fine - apart from the wheels! I complained when I realised what the rim protectors were hiding - and they replaced the wheels; albeit I found out they switched them from another car not provided new ones. Then one was subsequently replaced under warranty owing to corrosion. No other signs of "ex-rental" present though and the Suzuki delaer whom I traded it into recently didn't seem to mind.

The usual things were done under warranty - new battery, new condenser, new steering bush.

I didn't use the dealer for new tyres - had Dunlops fitted which were reasonable but not nearly as cheap as Nexans... Decent reviews though https://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/n ... eviewslist
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Northernbeat, firstly welcome. If you are interested in the reasons for the Alloy Wheel Problems especially as Gloucester mentioned that he had previously Rim Protectors installed, then take a read of this post, incidently there is a lot more under “Search” - hope this is of help Dave :)

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5425&hilit=White+Worm#p48646
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken