Intelligent Emergency Braking

ICE, Equipment, Options
Clarky94
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Clarky94 »

i have had my facelift 2017 Tekna 1.5dci for approx 2 months we were out at the weekend driving in heaving rain on the motorway when a dash warning came up stating that the IEB had been disable the was something coving the sensor, orange light in the speedo and the light at the top of the middle display were illuminated orange i got out the car and checked the front of the car and nothing i got back in and after a few minutes the error cleared - this has now happened twice.

Does any one know where this sensor is in the bumper- is the water getting into the sensor?
Current Car Qashqai 2017 j11b 1.5dci Tekna Grey
Coming Soon Qashqai 2021 J12 Tekna 158 in Mag Blue inc Fog Lights

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

If it’s the J11a the sensor is behind the front bumper inline with the driver, the J11b is I believe behind the Nissan badge on the front grill. It is normal for it to be temporarily deactivated in very heavy rain and heavy snowfall. It’s not an error.
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Funnily enough, mine did that yesterday on the Motorway, driving in heavy rain too! Obviously the sensor had had enough of being pounded by such heavy rain, but after 5 minutes or so it pinged back into life!
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Doesn't have to be anything on the sensor itself, just that the heavy rain was fooling the radars.

Makes you wonder how the Google self drive cars which rely completely on the sensor inputs will cope during heavy rain and snow, snow particularly as you only have to drive a few seconds through snow to get a complete covering over your sensors.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
Rob74

Post by Rob74 »

I’ve got a J11a & I get the same warning every time I’m out, sometimes it stay deactivated the whole journey & others it’s on/off as it feels like it.

This happens in all weather conditions.
2017 1.5dci Tekna ink blue
Dan86

Post by Dan86 »

My j11a did this a few weeks ago in the m6. No rain clear day a massage came up and the warning light came on then 10 minutes down the road all back to normal l.
Itisperfect4u
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Itisperfect4u »

Has anyone else had the red warning light illuminated and the brakes applied when there was nothing in front, behind, to the side or remotely anywhere near the car.
This has happened twice, not very pleasant.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

No. Only when I get too close to the car in front.

I have had the system disable itself one time ONLY , but it was when I stared the car in the moring. I turned the engine off & did a full restart after a couple of miles of driving & all has been well since.
Itisperfect4u wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:16 pm Has anyone else had the red warning light illuminated and the brakes applied when there was nothing in front, behind, to the side or remotely anywhere near the car.
godsgift1888

Post by godsgift1888 »

Itisperfect4u wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:16 pm Has anyone else had the red warning light illuminated and the brakes applied when there was nothing in front, behind, to the side or remotely anywhere near the car.
Had this countless times car is in being inspected happened to me on the m74 heading out of Glasgow no cars near side offside rear or infront clear road dry day and nearly caused the car to crash as it pulled an emergency stop at 70mph
Steamer45

Post by Steamer45 »

Hi Cliffyboy
I have the same vehicle as you.
I have experienced the same problem as you on three occasions, driving down a residential wide road about 6 feet from the kerb when all of a sudden the brakes just locked on with one warning sound at the same time.
There were no parked cars, just 2 people walking along the pavement, it was very alarming and unexpected.
From what I can decipher from the manual the car should only sense obstacles in front and not at the side.
I have only owned the car for 2 weeks and already feel nervous driving it.
Do you think it requires investigation by our vehicle suppliers?
Has anyone else experienced this braking problem and if so what is the answer?