FIRMWARE VERSION

ICE, Equipment, Options
duncho

Post by duncho »

Have you reported the issue while your car was covered under warranty? If so and the issue still persists, you are still covered. It is more HW than SW issue. There aren't 2 versions of D502. Latest available to dealers is D554. You shouldn't pay anything untill the issue is fixed. They will need to replace the unit.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

andrewgr
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andrewgr »

Thanks duncho

Unfortunately the problem didn't start until the car was out of warranty. Warranty ceased on 31/12/17. Problem started around early June.

Are you suggesting that my hardware has developed a problem that other units have not? If D554 is the latest software version, I think they definitely ought to upgrade to that before declaring a hardware problem. If they don't, I will. I've been reluctant to try the upgrade myself for as long as the dealer has been trying to sort it out for obvious reasons but I may soon have nothing to lose.

I'm guessing that any repair or replacement of the Connect unit will be expensive. The very regular nature of the dropouts - almost exactly 30 seconds each time and reboots every 6th time doesn't sound like a hardware problem to me. I did wonder if it might be overheating in the hot weather, but have decided that the problem is not temperature related.
Nissan Qashqai N-Tec+ First Registered December 2014
duncho

Post by duncho »

Hi Andrew,
if the unit restarts in exact period it indeed seems to be a software issue. If it is time randomly occurring then I would guess it's HW related.
Pity that it didn't occur under warranty.. Just try pursue your dealer politely that this isn't in order that the car starts to fail right after the warranty period ends.

reptile718

Post by reptile718 »

duncho wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:57 am After the firmware update and first restart, leave USB in and wait for another couple of minutes for app software update.
@ duncho, first of all thank you for the update files and instructions, very helpful. I performed the update last night on my drive home from work and everything worked out correctly only noting that the process took a little over an hour which is over the 50 minutes mentioned not sure if this is normal?

Two things I wanted to ask:

1. After the update I noticed that my audio settings (except for presets) remained untouched and only my Navi and Bluetooth settings were reset, also no Navi notice appeared after restart as pictured before to click agree. Is this still normal? I checked the software version and it is showing the update. Another curious thing I wanted to update the app software as you mentioned however after the update and the system asked to remove the USB I did then after 1st restart I plugged it back in and left it but nothing happend it just mentioned no media files found. Did I do something wrong?

2. Might be a glitch or not however after the update the Navi settings were set to miles so I changed them back to KM (live in Germany) however after I restart the car it goes back to miles. Any way to fix this?

Either way I can see a nice improvement over my previous DAB reception since my car was an early 2014 QQ running the original software.
duncho

Post by duncho »

@Reptile718
Find my responses below your questions:

Q:After the update I noticed that my audio settings (except for presets) remained untouched and only my Navi and Bluetooth settings were reset, also no Navi notice appeared after restart as pictured before to click agree. Is this still normal?
A: yes this is normal

Q: I checked the software version and it is showing the update. Another curious thing I wanted to update the app software as you mentioned however after the update and the system asked to remove the USB I did then after 1st restart I plugged it back in and left it but nothing happend it just mentioned no media files found. Did I do something wrong?
A: No, you did it correct. If app update is not needed it won’t be requested.

Q: Might be a glitch or not however after the update the Navi settings were set to miles so I changed them back to KM (live in Germany) however after I restart the car it goes back to miles. Any way to fix this?
A: Reset of units to imperial is normal. But it should not happen if you once change the settings that it is ‘t memorised. Try to change it again and keep NC turned on for few more minutes before you leave he car.

Greetings from Hamburg! ;)

reptile718

Post by reptile718 »

duncho wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:13 pm @Reptile718
Find my responses below your questions:

Q:After the update I noticed that my audio settings (except for presets) remained untouched and only my Navi and Bluetooth settings were reset, also no Navi notice appeared after restart as pictured before to click agree. Is this still normal?
A: yes this is normal

Q: I checked the software version and it is showing the update. Another curious thing I wanted to update the app software as you mentioned however after the update and the system asked to remove the USB I did then after 1st restart I plugged it back in and left it but nothing happend it just mentioned no media files found. Did I do something wrong?
A: No, you did it correct. If app update is not needed it won’t be requested.

Q: Might be a glitch or not however after the update the Navi settings were set to miles so I changed them back to KM (live in Germany) however after I restart the car it goes back to miles. Any way to fix this?
A: Reset of units to imperial is normal. But it should not happen if you once change the settings that it is ‘t memorised. Try to change it again and keep NC turned on for few more minutes before you leave he car.

Greetings from Hamburg! ;)

Great info, played around with some of the settings to trigger a save and left the radio on for a while. Took a look on my drive to work this morning and sure enough the settings stayed in km. Just waiting for my V3 sd card to come in and I should be up to date (at least with the navi). Will also try to subscribe to a speed camera web site since a couple of new ones popped up in my area and I do not want to be caught without warning :shock:
duncho

Post by duncho »

Consider to wait for v4 Navi which should be realised sometime soon. Nissan POIs are not sold at the moment, they have some technical difficulties since August ‘17, but you can use scdb.com they have reliable source of information ;)

chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

reptile718 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:37 am
Great info, played around with some of the settings to trigger a save and left the radio on for a while. Took a look on my drive to work this morning and sure enough the settings stayed in km. Just waiting for my V3 sd card to come in and I should be up to date (at least with the navi). Will also try to subscribe to a speed camera web site since a couple of new ones popped up in my area and I do not want to be caught without warning :shock:
The V4 card is out in the next few weeks so probably best you wait for that instead of the V3. (edit: duncho beat me to it)
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
reptile718

Post by reptile718 »

duncho wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:48 am Consider to wait for v4 Navi which should be realised sometime soon. Nissan POIs are not sold at the moment, they have some technical difficulties since August ‘17, but you can use scdb.com they have reliable source of information ;)
Unfortunately too late, already purchased an original copy online :cry: maybe I can resell it later when the new version is out. I was looking at scdb, does it work like the factory alerts or just a random beep when something is close with nothing on the display?
RickMaver47

Post by RickMaver47 »

Question, will these updates work on cars not in the UK as well?
Whilst I realise Duncho said all LCN2kai systems are the same, I just want to make sure.

I have a 2018 facelift Tekna
2018 Pearl White Nissan QQ 1.5DCi Tekna