Warning lights

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Gorman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gorman »

I bought a second hand Qashqai 1.2 DiG-T N-Tec + 5dr (15 plate) and it’s been great. However I was driving along the motorway and several warning lights flashed on and have stayed on for the last few days despite the car driving normally! Warnings that have come on are : chassis control system fault, sto/start auto system fault , forward emergency braking system fault and warning light. Plus the slip indicator light and general master warning light!

Any ideas what this means or why?

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gorman, if you are still in the Guarantee period I would get it checked by a Dealer. If not I would still get it checked as these Electronic Warning pop up often and you are never sure why - Safety First get it checked ! I have had several Warning during the life of our QQ but touch wood it has behaved for a long time now - Dave :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

Sounds like the dreaded old battery problem. Has the car got a Renault FIAMM battery fitted? You get some obscure warnings pop up, but the car still drives fine. Even if the car is out of warranty I would press Nissan to replace for free as these batteries are known to be faulty. When I had mine changed the dealer told me that Nissan didn't do a recall as they didn't know which cars they were fitted to, but said they were replacing as and when the faulty batteries cropped up. Hope this helps.

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Doug, You post reminded me about some cars having corrosion on the earthing point, under the battery area causing multiple warnings. So I would recommend checking that.
daddydoug wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:12 pm Sounds like the dreaded old battery problem. Has the car got a Renault FIAMM battery fitted? You get some obscure warnings pop up, but the car still drives fine. Even if the car is out of warranty I would press Nissan to replace for free as these batteries are known to be faulty. When I had mine changed the dealer told me that Nissan didn't do a recall as they didn't know which cars they were fitted to, but said they were replacing as and when the faulty batteries cropped up. Hope this helps.

Doug
MSZT85
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by MSZT85 »

Daewar wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:37 am Doug, You post reminded me about some cars having corrosion on the earthing point, under the battery area causing multiple warnings. So I would recommend checking that.
Should I remove the battery to check this? Where is folding earthing point exactly?
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Here are a couple or 3 links to earth problems to start you off. I just used the search facility.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6596&hilit=earth+point
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=6252&hilit=earth+point
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5726&start=10&hilit=earth+point

MSZT85 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:26 am
Daewar wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:37 am Doug, You post reminded me about some cars having corrosion on the earthing point, under the battery area causing multiple warnings. So I would recommend checking that.
Should I remove the battery to check this? Where is folding earthing point exactly?
Icouldscream

Post by Icouldscream »

My QQ, the second one, as the first was so bad that the dealer gave us a good deal on a new one to part exchange, is a 1.6dCi Tekna Xrtonic 65plate. it's in the dealers now having its drivers seat replaced(under warranty) it's a week out of warranty and the engine light came on the code read P1135H02 SENSOR 2, looking on line I see that they Nissan and Jag had a problem with these and did a recall. the information was from a Which report.
The list of problems we have had with this car is massive, including 3 wheels replaced due to alloy problems, rattles, stearing wheel squeeking, battery failure, Nissan also know that they have a problem with these so the man from the RAC pointed out. It went into the garage Main dealer for a something simple and would not start, they had the car for a week and had to replace the main engine management system. it' just not good enough, a real shame as it looks good and is comfortable good to drive when it is not off the road!!!