Newbie questions

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Chukzn17
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Chukzn17 »

Hi everyone ,

On the verge of purchasing a 65 plate QQ tekna s/s , 28k miles , all the added extra’s on it, in white

Questions are :
Is there anything i should ask/look out for problem wise with this year and model?

Do you guys recommend side steps supplied and installed by nissan for the £350 they charge ?

Service prices / interval times. ?

Thanks in advance

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Question 1: Has the car been in an accident?
Question 2: What work has been carried out under warranty.
Question 3: Show me the service book and purchase receipt. A v5 in the UK is not proof of ownership.

You don't mention what engine size, gearbox, fuel type or if the car is 4x4.

Side Steps / Running boards are mostly for cosmetic reasons, they can also impede getting in / out of the car. I would advise you try getting into/out of a car with them already fitted to see if they are to your requirements.

Chukzn17 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:37 am Hi everyone ,

On the verge of purchasing a 65 plate QQ tekna s/s , 28k miles , all the added extra’s on it, in white

Questions are :
Is there anything i should ask/look out for problem wise with this year and model?

Do you guys recommend side steps supplied and installed by nissan for the £350 they charge ?

Service prices / interval times. ?

Thanks in advance
Gel

Post by Gel »

If you fit running boards you must advise your insurers too. :)
Major service is followed year after by minor one etc etc.

Nissan Service £.PNG

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

HI
When checking what work has been carried out under warranty, see if the car has been fitted with a new battery. If not, check to see if the battery is a FIAMM battery. There is a known fault with FIAMM batteries fitted to Qashqais, and they usually fail causing all kinds of weird messages. If the car is out of manufacturers warranty, then I would assume you will still get a years warranty with the car? If you are buying it from a Nissan dealer and the car has not been fitted with a replacement battery, it might be worth discussing with them. It is a known fault and all Nissan dealers should be aware of the problem FIAMM battery.

Personally I wouldn't fit side steps, but would definately fit skid plates if they are not already fitted to the car. Don't buy them from Nissan and pay the earth, as you can get them on ebay at a fraction of the price. I bought a set off ebay over two years ago and they are as good as new still.

I have a 65 plate Qq 1.6 auto and love it. Would never be able to go back to a car without 360 degree cameras as it makes parking and manoeuvres in car parks a doddle!

Let us know if you go ahead with the purchase, and enjoy!

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
Chukzn17

Post by Chukzn17 »

Thanks guys for all your replies !
Its a nissan dealer
65 plate 2wd qashqai 1.5 tdci
Should come with years warranty i believe
Test drove it last night and wasnt expecting it to be anything like my bmw 320d however it was a light tin can like i was kimd of expecting lol

I think skid plates & side steps will complete the look, feel free to post any links for them anyone may have
And reccommend :)
funpig

Post by funpig »

IMO, side steps are not useful on such a small vehicle. They will also reduce your ground clearance if you intend to do any off-roading.

I have owned and driven two Jeeps over 25 years. The first one for 15 years had skid plates and the second one for ten years without skid plates. The only differences between the two was the extra money I spent, the extra weight and extra effort to remove them when other work had to be done underneath. I had to get on my hands and knees to admire them. I have never gone on such rough terrain that would have made them come into play.
2018 Nissan Qashqai S AWD 2.0L (Canada)