After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

ICE, Equipment, Options
chosan

Post by chosan »

HgtDave wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:50 am Regarding the Information window between the instruments you have all the system settings, speed, TPMS, etc. The things that you lose are 'Next Turn' from your Sat Nav and there is no frequency information from the external DAB module.
I can live with that. Thanks a lot for your answer.

igec
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by igec »

Thanks for a lot of good info! I have been looking for confirmation about the 360 camera function, its good to know that it works with this.

Do you know if it works with the automatic parking function some Qashqais come with? Thanks!
chosan

Post by chosan »

I've another question regarding 4G modem. Are you using 4 G modem or how do you
utilize the Internet connection? Using tethering wouldn't allow me to use a2dp at the same time.
Or am I wrong?
HgtDave
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by HgtDave »

chosan wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:01 pm I've another question regarding 4G modem. Are you using 4 G modem or how do you
utilize the Internet connection? Using tethering wouldn't allow me to use a2dp at the same time.
Or am I wrong?
I use my mobile to provide Mobile Hotspot (WiFi) tethering as BT tethering wont work with the HU at the same time as a2dp. I have an APP on the phone (Carspot Ready) that switches the Mobile Hotspot tethering on when the mobile connects BT to the head unit, and off when it disconnects.

The head unit will support a USB 3G or 4G dongle but I haven't tried one so I have no experience.
IT Consultant of 37Yrs (Retired)
Mk2 Qashqai - J11 1.6 Dig-T Tekna (Ex)
Now BMW X3
Dasaita Android 8.0 4+32g Octa core HA5225 V840 Head Unit
as fitted to my now EX Qashqai
HgtDave

Post by HgtDave »

igec wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:19 pm Thanks for a lot of good info! I have been looking for confirmation about the 360 camera function, its good to know that it works with this.

Do you know if it works with the automatic parking function some Qashqais come with? Thanks!
The Park Assist function is controlled by a number of Electronic Control unit connected to the Electronic Steering unit. The LCN unit passes Steering Wheel Button messages to the BUS directly.

The Dasaita head unit is supplied with a Can Bus adaptor ( if you order correctly) which interprets the SWB messages and initiates the 360 Camera and Park Assist function. It just works.
Now BMW X3
chosan

Post by chosan »

HgtDave wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:29 pm
chosan wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:01 pm I've another question regarding 4G modem. Are you using 4 G modem or how do you
Or am I wrong?
I use my mobile to provide Mobile Hotspot (WiFi) tethering as BT tethering wont work with the HU at the same time as a2dp. I have an APP on the phone (Carspot Ready) that switches the Mobile Hotspot tethering on when the mobile connects BT to the head unit, and off when it disconnects.

The head unit will support a USB 3G or 4G dongle but I haven't tried one so I have no experience.
OK, I've to use WiFi tethering to be able to use a2dp. Because there's no menu provided for mobile broadband as on earlier
units. Have one unit but it's not fitted in the car yet. Thanks a lot for the information.
igec

Post by igec »

HgtDave wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:53 pm
igec wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:19 pm Thanks for a lot of good info! I have been looking for confirmation about the 360 camera function, its good to know that it works with this.

The Park Assist function is controlled by a number of Electronic Control unit connected to the Electronic Steering unit. The LCN unit passes Steering Wheel Button messages to the BUS directly.

The Dasaita head unit is supplied with a Can Bus adaptor ( if you order correctly) which interprets the SWB messages and initiates the 360 Camera and Park Assist function. It just works.
Great, thank you! I have found the Dasaita one, and i see that they provide a microphone in the package... Do you know if the original one can be used or not? The one included did not look very good, so i would hope the built in one works...
HgtDave

Post by HgtDave »

igec wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:16 pm
HgtDave wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:53 pm

Great, thank you! I have found the Dasaita one, and i see that they provide a microphone in the package... Do you know if the original one can be used or not? The one included did not look very good, so i would hope the built in one works...
I have used the supplied microphone and installed it in the headlining just above the drivers head. It’s working well with good sound quality. The OEM unit has a pre amp which requires a 5V supply and I couldn’t be bothered sorting the wiring out to use it.
Now BMW X3
igec

Post by igec »

Just ordered the unit, really looking forward to having a better system now!

I guess the unit only has a 3.5 unput for microphone, while the OEM Nissan microphone is more advanced then. I guess il try to figure out some solution, as i would really prefer the original one.

Other than that; do you have any tips or tricks for the unit? Maybe some good apps?
HgtDave

Post by HgtDave »

igec wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:10 pm Just ordered the unit, really looking forward to having a better system now!

I guess the unit only has a 3.5 unput for microphone, while the OEM Nissan microphone is more advanced then. I guess il try to figure out some solution, as i would really prefer the original one.

Other than that; do you have any tips or tricks for the unit? Maybe some good apps?
You are correct, the supplied mic is a 3.5 mono plug. Apps that I use are Sygic sat nav, Pulsar music, DAB-Z by Zoulou and FCC Launcher all from play store. You can interrupt the Standard SWC buttons for Handset Up / Down with FCC (and others) for single or double press to load app or command of your choice.

Good luck with the project, if you sort out the OEM mic wiring please let me know.
Now BMW X3